Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree6Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:59 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
GK1199R's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 293
Thanks: 171

Anyone know if the engine options are supposed to change after the upmap on the full system? Bike has options for 195hp high and low but isn't the system supposed to push her over 200 ponies?
GK1199R is offline  
 
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:05 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
cosmok's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Somewhere in a constant state of non compos mentis...

Posts: 525
Thanks: 186

I Ride: My wife... when she let's me!
Originally Posted by GK1199R View Post
Anyone know if the engine options are supposed to change after the upmap on the full system? Bike has options for 195hp high and low but isn't the system supposed to push her over 200 ponies?
They do not change. It is simply pre-programmed menu language options which have no correlation to actual horsepower figures your bike is producing. It really has more to do with throttle sensiitivty from 195 Hi to 195 LO. Only the 120 setting reduces actual engine output.
Thanks from GK1199R
cosmok is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2016, 02:08 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
GK1199R's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 293
Thanks: 171

Good to know! Anyone think the rapidbike race will be worth the upgrade now that I know I have the full Termi Map installed on the bike?
GK1199R is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2016, 02:15 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
b9009b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Philadelphia

Posts: 3,385
Thanks: 1153

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Originally Posted by GK1199R View Post
Good to know! Anyone think the rapidbike race will be worth the upgrade now that I know I have the full Termi Map installed on the bike?
Without a single doubt yes.. Think of it as a miniature corse tech sitting inside your ecu changing stuff on the fly for you when you ride.. Would that be a worthy upgrade?
Thanks from GK1199R
b9009b is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2016, 06:44 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
GK1199R's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 293
Thanks: 171

Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
Without a single doubt yes.. Think of it as a miniature corse tech sitting inside your ecu changing stuff on the fly for you when you ride.. Would that be a worthy upgrade?

Well when you put it that way it does!!!!
Thanks from b9009b
GK1199R is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
ecu, questions



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
41T and Geometry Questions regulus Mechanical and Technical 2 Jan 20th 2016 05:42 AM
Two questions Doug916SP Ducati Superleggera 3 Jun 26th 2014 07:12 AM
NYC Owners... Questions jewcati East Coast 17 Aug 12th 2013 08:02 AM
Some questions Rink Racing 6 Jan 27th 2013 11:59 AM
A couple of questions carldickson Ducati 1199 12 Jan 13th 2013 08:00 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed