Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 6th 2012, 09:46 AM   #1

I Ride: 1199TC, 750sport, M600, 900Elephant, KTM450
Heat issues solved at last !!!

FIT THE COMFORT SEAT !!

I've been riding Pani a week now and agree there is a fair amount of heat produced by this motor, although what I have found is that the discomfort this generates is exacerbated by the need to keep your knees clamped around the tank to stop your balls getting smashed into the back of it. This means your soft bits get sweaty/roasted very fast. However I fitted the comfort seat yesterday and now my butt stays where I put it in the saddle, no more sliding around ! Now I can open my knees just a crack and cool sweet air flows up the inside of my leg and cools those roasted coconuts !

P

Old Nov 6th 2012, 09:48 AM   #2

Ditto with the race seat. Saved my manhood.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 09:52 AM   #3

I Ride: 2012 1199S
neither the comfort seat nor the race seat is the answer for everyone. for some, the problem is still unresolved regardless of the seat configuration. but it is "cool" that you have found a personal answer to the heat. for me, it has been the calendar. and a good pair of leather pants. and i have had the comfort seat since day 1 back in june.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:01 AM   #4

I Ride: 1199 Panigale, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory
Per Ducati a solution is coming. Dealers are hoping by the end of the year if not i'm sure it'll be early next year. However, I have the comfort seat and I did this to help protect the family jewels a bit more

Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:51 AM   #5

I Ride: '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale, '04 KTM 450 EXC, '67 Aermacchi/HD 250/CRTT, '64 Ducati 250, '08 Ninja 250
I have also found that if you ride at 40 Fahrenheit or lower it's less obtrusive. In fact, I kinda liked having a factory installed "heated seat" at that temperature. 8)

I also found that when the ambient temperature drops to some level (not sure where....didn't check) the dashboard displays an "ICE" message.

I hate cold weather.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:22 PM   #6

I Ride: 2008 HD FXCWC, 2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, Next Duc Superbike
+1 on the cooler weather handling the heat. When it's cold it really isn't bad, but in Florida we just don't see much cold. You guys up north & in GB would rightfully say we see noooo cold weather. :-)
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:34 PM   #7

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
Originally Posted by Pouakai View Post
FIT THE COMFORT SEAT !!

I've been riding Pani a week now and agree there is a fair amount of heat produced by this motor, although what I have found is that the discomfort this generates is exacerbated by the need to keep your knees clamped around the tank to stop your balls getting smashed into the back of it. This means your soft bits get sweaty/roasted very fast. However I fitted the comfort seat yesterday and now my butt stays where I put it in the saddle, no more sliding around ! Now I can open my knees just a crack and cool sweet air flows up the inside of my leg and cools those roasted coconuts !

P
I tried the comfort seat and it reduced the heat as well but I felt I was riding to tall so I traded my seat to the racing seat and that reduced the heat on the butt also no problem on the butt. Before I got the full Termi with ceramic coat, I would still get the the right inner thigh burn through my leather suit. I noticed it wouldnt get hot while I was wearing jeans. I thought maybe because when I wear my leathers I would ride a lot longer, but one day I rode for a really long ride in my jeans on a hot day and there was no burning. I took a look at the leathers and found that the heat was coming through the stretchy part near the crotch so I put a pot holder mitt ( those thin little square ones) from my kitchen and stuck against my inner thigh inside my inner ride suit (coolmax heat out) right where the stretchy part of the leather suit and problem solved no heat what so ever! The ceramic coat and racing seat helped reduced the seat heat dramatically almost non existant. but there is still some heat coming into the right inner thigh and now I just ride with that pot holder mitten in my right thigh. It's has become part of my riding gear.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:51 PM   #8

I Ride: 2012 1199 tricolore, 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200, 2010 Ducati 696, 2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post
I tried the comfort seat and it reduced the heat as well but I felt I was riding to tall so I traded my seat to the racing seat and that reduced the heat on the butt also no problem on the butt. Before I got the full Termi with ceramic coat, I would still get the the right inner thigh burn through my leather suit. I noticed it wouldnt get hot while I was wearing jeans. I thought maybe because when I wear my leathers I would ride a lot longer, but one day I rode for a really long ride in my jeans on a hot day and there was no burning. I took a look at the leathers and found that the heat was coming through the stretchy part near the crotch so I put a pot holder mitt ( those thin little square ones) from my kitchen and stuck against my inner thigh inside my inner ride suit (coolmax heat out) right where the stretchy part of the leather suit and problem solved no heat what so ever! The ceramic coat and racing seat helped reduced the seat heat dramatically almost non existant. but there is still some heat coming into the right inner thigh and now I just ride with that pot holder mitten in my right thigh. It's has become part of my riding gear.
Ding ding ding ding!!
And we have a winner!!
That is friggin awesome man!
Definitely a simple fix.
And one I might just being trying
Old Nov 6th 2012, 09:58 PM   #9

It's the back of my left leg thats burns.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 06:39 AM   #10

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post
I would not want to be in the emergency room surounded by puzzeled doctors/nurses, kinda like dirty underwear...

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
heat, issues, solved