Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree11Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 18th 2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: NorCal

Posts: 615
Thanks: 176

I Ride: Panigale R, 1098R, 996S
where's the best deal for a new full system Akrapovic exhaust?

I know a few of you guys have some pretty nice contacts so I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has a lead on where the best deal for a brand new full system Akrapovic exhaust is?

The best price I've found so far is $3600 from Rider's Discount.

Any help would be appreciated
timwu12 is offline  
 
Old Apr 19th 2016, 01:40 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Baltimore

Posts: 432
Thanks: 116

Originally Posted by timwu12 View Post
I know a few of you guys have some pretty nice contacts so I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has a lead on where the best deal for a brand new full system Akrapovic exhaust is?

The best price I've found so far is $3600 from Rider's Discount.

Any help would be appreciated
Search hard and you will find vendors can do $3450 shipping included. Still an insane price for some bent pieces of metal.
MdDuc is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2016, 03:19 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,671
Thanks: 1218

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by timwu12 View Post
I know a few of you guys have some pretty nice contacts so I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has a lead on where the best deal for a brand new full system Akrapovic exhaust is?

The best price I've found so far is $3600 from Rider's Discount.

Any help would be appreciated

I got mine from Moto Mummy. They had the best price at the time. 4 month wait back then though after being promised a two week wait.

Sometimes price is not the only factor. As far as the product goes though, I think they were worth the money. The quality makes Termi look like they were made in a backyard.
Thanks from highside49
bradp51 is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,264
Thanks: 1928

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
from what i understand and please somebody chime in the akra full evo system is the same as the dp system without the upmap. go for the evo and with all the extra savings get your bike tuned and you will get so much more but your cans wont say ducati performance under the akra label.

the evo system is full ti. while i believe the dp headers are Stainless but i am not 100%. you can get a tune boy or bazzaz or whatever and still save money over the dp akra
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 506

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
from what i understand and please somebody chime in the akra full evo system is the same as the dp system without the upmap. go for the evo and with all the extra savings get your bike tuned and you will get so much more but your cans wont say ducati performance under the akra label.

the evo system is full ti. while i believe the dp headers are Stainless but i am not 100%. you can get a tune boy or bazzaz or whatever and still save money over the dp akra
problem with that is if you have some warranty issues then Ducati have a way of not paying out even if totally unrelated.
reganc is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,264
Thanks: 1928

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by reganc View Post
problem with that is if you have some warranty issues then Ducati have a way of not paying out even if totally unrelated.
that is totally not accurate. if you have a problem with after market parts ducati would have to prove that said part caused the problem.

do you use shell oil. if not can you be denied a claim? no ducati would have to prove that (brand oil) caused the problem.

if you put on (brand exhaust) and you had an engine problem ducati would have to prove that (brand exhaust) cause your problem.

if you blew up your motor because of a tune yes you would be denied. if you had an oil leak with a tune they cant deny your claim.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 506

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
that is totally not accurate. if you have a problem with after market parts ducati would have to prove that said part caused the problem.

do you use shell oil. if not can you be denied a claim? no ducati would have to prove that (brand oil) caused the problem.

if you put on (brand exhaust) and you had an engine problem ducati would have to prove that (brand exhaust) cause your problem.

if you blew up your motor because of a tune yes you would be denied. if you had an oil leak with a tune they cant deny your claim.
i agree and i should have been more clear as i'm referencing engine issues with a tune. If your motor blows and you have a tune i would not feel happy trying to get them to pay for a claim.
reganc is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:40 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,264
Thanks: 1928

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by reganc View Post
i agree and i should have been more clear as i'm referencing engine issues with a tune. If your motor blows and you have a tune i would not feel happy trying to get them to pay for a claim.
agreed i didnt know if you were saying that putting the akra evo system on not being the dp one would matter. also they claim to say if you do it yourself you void warranty thats all bs.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 01:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Prince Albert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 1458

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
buy it used on this forum...that way you are doing yourself and the other member a favour whilst nurturing a sense of "community"...
Prince Albert is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2016, 01:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: NorCal

Posts: 615
Thanks: 176

I Ride: Panigale R, 1098R, 996S
Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
buy it used on this forum...that way you are doing yourself and the other member a favour whilst nurturing a sense of "community"...
I tried to get in touch with the guy selling it in the classifieds right now but I never heard anything back from him.

$3000 used vs $3450 new (as stated above) is not a huge difference, and for that price, I'd rather have a new system and get the opportunity to turn the pipes blue myself!
Thanks from Prince Albert and NotR1GSXZXR
timwu12 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
akrapovic, deal, exhaust, full, system



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Ducati 1199 akrapovic full exhaust system All titanium crazylu Classifieds 3 May 28th 2015 07:50 PM
Akrapovic Full System Material Gecko Ducati 1199 5 Apr 29th 2014 07:12 AM
My review of the Akrapovic Full System turnone Ducati 1199 10 Mar 4th 2014 12:26 AM
Akrapovic Exhaust with Custom tuned ECU deal/Group Buy ? anthem Ducati 1199 104 Jun 2nd 2013 01:16 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed