Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 2 Post By double0
  • 1 Post By tadashi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th 2016, 11:49 AM   #1

I Ride: Ducati 1199s
Ducati 1199s Akrapovic Exhaust installation and servo motor and butterfly valve???

hey everyone I'm new to this mod community, but recently i do a project myself and swap out my stock exhaust for the Akrapovic full titanium exhaust. Just that the process looks kinda hard~ so i was hoping by posting here you guys can give me some feed back =)

I have seen ppl with Akrapovic exhaust that says they dont need to remap or simply use the UPMAP from terms which one is true? and if no remapping is needed will the stock map utilize the full potential of the Akrapovic exhaust?

As for the servo motor and butterfly valve would those have to be removed when u install the Akrapovic? and if u do remove those i heard that the FI light (fault indicator, or fuel injection system fault) will be illuminated on the dash. I was doing some reading on this matter and i came across this "Servo Buddy"and was wondering if anyone use this before or are there any other options for the FI light?

If there any other tips on installtion of the exhaust please let me know

Old May 4th 2016, 12:29 PM   #2

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2007 CBR600RR, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
U don't "need" to flash the ecu. Stock mapping will work just fine. Will it be optimal? Nope. You can run the termi upmap n it will be better than oem map but still not optimal. I ran it without anything for over a year n now I'm using the termi upmap. Zero problems.

The servo and flapper does get removed. It does not throw a code on the dash. It probably logs an error code in the ecu which ducati can see but nothing on the dash. Install the exhaust n enjoy it as is or invest in a tuning solution if u want optimal performance.
Thanks from farmind and shin
Old May 4th 2016, 01:21 PM   #3

I may have a full system termi upmap for sale soon
Thanks from shin

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199s, akrapovic, butterfly, ducati, exhaust, installation, motor, servo, valve