Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree9Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 12:10 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Drogon83 View Post
Hello! Thanks for the fast reply! I do have the 2015 1299s without the slide control... What is your opinion on the DTC? Can I rely on it when I push it down the lower levels, keeping in mind I do not know how to skid out of corners... ?
My opinion is that the EVO DTC/DWC is a very nice add on if you are racing. Other wise. I don't see much befit on the street. For $560 bucks you need to decide if your talents are going to be better suited using that money for track time or performance gain on the bike. Hope this helps.

Old Jul 2nd 2019, 12:15 PM   #12

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S 15
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
Plenty of discussion about the various modes, what I found is that wet mode is very forgiving of poor throttle control, very hard to lose it relatively speaking. Ive only had my bike 6 months and 8000k's but I ride all the time on the road in race mode dtc 3 and dwc either off (for hooning) or 2. Only done a couple of track days, what Ive found is that at my level I am nearly as fast in wet mode on a short track but best settings for fun is race mode, dtc and dwc 2 or 3. Been really aggressive on exit and never felt out of control, I think that its a mistake to rely on DTC to act as a corner babysitter, more relevant is throttle control and tire pressures, selection and wear, plus reading track conditions and developing feel. If you crack the throttle at max lean expecting dtc to sort it, reality will bite
Thanks! I will take your advice!
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 12:42 PM   #13
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
Originally Posted by Drogon83 View Post
Hey!

I have to ask you something. You seem like you know what you are talking about.

I have done 2 trackways on my 1299 s. I've been running for several years, but never used traction control before. Had one high side with my former R1... I do not have the skills to drift out off corners. Will the DTC be able to controle the skid if I give full throttle after apex in the levels 1 / 2 / 3? In level 8 there was no problem, but I do feel I loose a lot of performance at the higher levels on DTC.

Which DTC level(s) is the best regards safety and performance? I run Supercorsa SP tires.

Supercorsa SP on the track = Level 2

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
control, high, prevention, side, traction

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.