Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 20th 2016, 05:57 PM   #1

Random Errors when Cold

So maybe every 1 cold start in 10, my bike will show random errors on the dash. By cold start I mean the coolant temp will show as "LOW". The ones i often see are BBS, CAN Line, ABS. But they quickly disappear and don't reappear until the next unlucky cold start. Bike is fine otherwise and battery seems ok and shows 14.0V when running. I use the bike maybe 3 days every week and I don't keep it on a tender. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 09:53 AM   #2

I Ride: 199 Panigale
Same issue here, but if yours is the same as mine it will get worse. Mine has done it a few times when riding after motor is warm. Dealer was no help, they just wanted to throw parts at it. I noticed that I was losing the quick shifter and traction control when I got the errors. The BBS controls both functions so I changed it and now all is good. You can get a BBS with free shipping from Ducati of Omaha for $341.00. You will also need to have it "married" to the bike by the dealer. So check all the connections to the BBS. Make sure your grounds are all good, and if all else fails look into the BBS
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 07:02 PM   #3

Yikes. What parts did your dealer throw at the bike before replacing the BBS unit itself? i'm planning to go through all the electrical connections I can find and cleaning then and applying some dielectric grease. Apparently theres one under the seat/tank that likes to get water in it.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 08:59 AM   #4

I Ride: 199 Panigale
I didn't allow the dealer to do anything other than pair the BBS to the bike. They wanted to replace the dash and ECU with no guarantee that those would fix the issue. So I did my research and fixed it myself. Yes the BBS connector is under the seat. It is a pain, but it can be done without taking the sub frame off.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
cold, errors, random