Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:45 PM   #11

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S (2014)
Purchased this system last autumn (but it is not yet installed on the bike). I however did some investigations before purchasing…

According to Ducati it improves the midrange by 15% and that seems also to be true when discussing with owners (that have it on their bike). Got the exhaust without upmap but I have BrenTuning maps on order. I was comparing this with the Akra and there was two reasons why I decided to go with Termignoni, reason 1 was noise level (the Akra is too damn loud for my taste, especially for street use). Termi have a deeper sound (but not much louder, according to some it is even quieter than stock exhaust when db killer installed). Reason 2 was the price, and I had however plans to do something about the fueling out over the possible Ducati Termi upmap.
Thanks from redfire

Old May 24th 2017, 12:00 AM   #12

Thanks for your feedback man.

Do you guys know if is it too complicated or tricky to install by ourselves?
I did it myself on my Multistrada DVT
Old May 24th 2017, 12:07 AM   #13

8 hours? wow
Old May 24th 2017, 12:46 AM   #14

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299S, 2016 BMW S1000RR, 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
If price was the deciding factor I would put 1299 OEM headers on it and aftermarket slip ons. If it's not titanium headers your buying I would go the larger OEM 1299 and save a packet, someone on here would probably sell you headers for about $300.
I have 1299 headers if you decide to go with the route ableduc suggested.
Old May 24th 2017, 03:09 AM   #15

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S (2014)
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Thanks for your feedback man.

Do you guys know if is it too complicated or tricky to install by ourselves?
I did it myself on my Multistrada DVT
It should not be too complicated but quite time consuming due to a lot of stuff has to be removed. Some does it without removing the radiator (just protect the radiator with cardboard) and others remove the radiator. I have not yet installed my exhaust (so no real experience on this bike) but will probably start soon and let it take the time it needs to do a good job… I will replace the air filter at the same time so bike will be in quite many pieces…
Old May 24th 2017, 03:44 AM   #16

a nice job to do on a rainy day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 24th 2017, 04:46 AM   #17

Redfire,jag funderar på att sälja mina termi slip on samt Ilmbergers keramiska kolfibersköld.
Ett budgetalternativ till helsystem,pm'a om du är intresserad.
Old May 24th 2017, 05:01 AM   #18

I Ride: Panigale V4S
Google Translate:

Redfire, I'm thinking of selling my termi slip on and Ilmberger's ceramic carbon fiber shield.
A budget alternative to health systems, pm'a if you are interested.
Old May 24th 2017, 05:08 AM   #19

I Ride: '12 1199S
I recently got a killer deal on the same system. In my opinion the sound is a little deeper and more importantly the bike can now breathe a little better... As I was doing a full track conversion I removed the fan to install the belly pan, which helped with the installation (I did not remove the radiator). It was a time consuming process, but never the less I got a great pleasure from tearing apart my bike, learning more about it, and saying that I did it myself! Of course cost savings of the install are in the 100s of dollars too... One other thing I would suggest is a High Performance air filter. The up-map is decent, but I would also suggest a proper tune on a dyno or getting something along the lines of auto-tune system.

Good Luck!
Old May 24th 2017, 05:27 AM   #20

Originally Posted by maslov View Post
I recently got a killer deal on the same system. In my opinion the sound is a little deeper and more importantly the bike can now breathe a little better... As I was doing a full track conversion I removed the fan to install the belly pan, which helped with the installation (I did not remove the radiator). It was a time consuming process, but never the less I got a great pleasure from tearing apart my bike, learning more about it, and saying that I did it myself! Of course cost savings of the install are in the 100s of dollars too... One other thing I would suggest is a High Performance air filter. The up-map is decent, but I would also suggest a proper tune on a dyno or getting something along the lines of auto-tune system.

Good Luck!
You are a lucky guy the same job here will cost me for sure at least 300 400 dollars
Thanks for your answer
Thanks from maslov

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
full, system, termignoni, upmap