Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree8Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 17th 2017, 01:33 PM   #21

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by rrgermanlv View Post
I am just confused because my actual carrier has 6 nuts around it (not the flange ones) and the pictures I've seen of the OEM ones don't have those...
On a QC sprocket carrier set up you have the six nuts holding the sprocket cover to the QC carrier and a further six (sometimes 5) nuts holding the sprocket to the QC carrier. On an OEM set up because the sprocket houses the cush drive rubbers you only have the six bolts holding the cover to the sprocket. Hope thats clear!

Old Jul 17th 2017, 01:42 PM   #22

I had him call me. It's getting worked out.
Thanks from mordor, mito gp, GunMoto and 1 others
Old Jul 17th 2017, 01:45 PM   #23

Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
I had him call me. It's getting worked out.
Yup!!! Thanks again man! I'll keep in touch once I get to take it apart
Old Jul 17th 2017, 04:37 PM   #24

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
@rrgermanlv

Dude, no disrespect meant when I say this. Its for your well being. You sure you should be working on this bike ? You seem clueless on what we are talking about this entire post. This is your drive chain here. This is not low tire inflation, or a taillight bulb.

NOLA
Old Jul 17th 2017, 06:11 PM   #25

He's doing ok. We go it figured out. Some funky carrier i have never seen. The flange shaft is too long. The spacer was in there and the nut was at 230nm just way too much difference between the flange and the carrier. Not compatible from a tolerance perspective. Its got an aftermarket chain as well. The entire drive needs to be serviced and checked. The place of purchase did the switch.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 08:14 PM   #26

Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
@rrgermanlv

Dude, no disrespect meant when I say this. Its for your well being. You sure you should be working on this bike ? You seem clueless on what we are talking about this entire post. This is your drive chain here. This is not low tire inflation, or a taillight bulb.

NOLA
NOLA: No worries...! you are right, I had absolutely no clue about the subject or the name of the parts because I never had to deal with this in the past. But, with the help of Endodoc over the phone (and the feedback of all you guys) I was able to understand what was going on. Probably also because all these terms are new to me (english is not my main language)

I've always been a DIY kind of guy and know my limitations or when something is way too complicated for me to do. It will be a pretty straight forward fix. I just need to remove the flange and throw away that aftermarket carrier and sprocket and replace it with the OEM one.

Sometimes it is better to do these stuff yourself than having a "mechanic" do them for you (so far I've successfully replaced my reservoirs, exhaust, switched the suspension from F to P and back to P, rearsets, clutch slave cylinder, headlights, charcoal canister, servo motor and flap, gear selector sensor, brake pads, air filter, oil and oil filter + reset service light, and a few other things that I don't remember at the moment).

I believe that nobody will take such a good care of your own bike other than yourself. I am very anal about my bike, almost OCD and I will make sure everything is torque down to specs and working properly.

Cheers!

Last edited by rrgermanlv; Jul 24th 2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 12:14 PM   #27

I Ride: 2013 1199R, 2018 1299FE, & 2015 Panigale R (& 2 HDs)
rrgermanlv:

I hear you about undeserved reps which goes both ways. Quite often a good rep gets around because of the average person's inability for critical thinking (that works for bad reps too because people can be unfair when running their mouths or keyboards off). That goes double for LV! I used to live there and it was for 14 years; I don't regret leaving it!

Anyhow, the DIY I get but we get lazy, too busy, or just can't keep up. Sometimes the good techs screw up because they're human and can be distracted in a busy shop. But what you've got going here is beyond that. Just have to ask harder questions when looking for good service and figure out the response with emphasis on "why".

As mentioned before, that goes double for LV because there's too many people (or businesses with unscrupulous operators) there running around trying to see what they can get away with rather than focusing on doing a good job. Why? Because LV attracts those kind of people and it's not a bad place for starting over (quite a few California leftovers) but too many not understanding or caring why they're starting over as well as being a transient town.

When you do find a good business to deal with, stay with them but watch who comes and goes; the less turnover the better.
Thanks from rrgermanlv

Last edited by SuperDuc29; Jul 18th 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 03:23 PM   #28

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Glad you got it sorted

Please tell us what exactly was the brand name and model of the "funky" carrier that did not work.

Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2017, 06:50 PM   #29

Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
Glad you got it sorted

Please tell us what exactly was the brand name and model of the "funky" carrier that did not work.

Thanks
JT!!!! Sprocket model JTA761-38 (7075-T6) and carrier is JT too but model nowhere to be found

Anybody interested in buying it? It wiggles and won't fail on you! I've had it for about 5-6k miles! Lol
Thanks from bradp51

Last edited by rrgermanlv; Jul 18th 2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 08:06 PM   #30

I Ride: 2013 1199S
That's the problem with mechanics/work done these days its done half assed and to a cost. Not many businesses do it to a standard/properly/by the book.

My panigale's first paid service was done at a well known high reputation place. All they did was reset the light, still had factory rtv on drain plug/oil filter and the oil was as black as it gets with only 4k on the clock from service. And the thermostat housing was leaking

I do my own servicing

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
normal, rear, sprocket, wiggle

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.