Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   Tuneboy cruise, QS, blipper and iPhone app lessons learnt (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/29177-tuneboy-cruise-qs-blipper-iphone-app-lessons-learnt.html)

tteitei Apr 25th 2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spud312r (Post 307806)
Hi Fella



1199S in the UK



Can you screen shot your QS settings screen - either pc app or ipone app..



Just done Donnington Park Track day and the whole episode concerning QS/Blipper was pretty poor



Or do your original settings remain as a good baseline ?



QS kill time - 5mm from the left (shorter)

Blip pressure - blip pressure slide just to the left of the mark

QS pressure - kill just to the right of the mark shown on the slider





I've also increased the BlipH table upto 5500rpm by 3% as suggested by Wayne so not sure if the above settings are stlil valid ?



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2623012199.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tteitei Apr 25th 2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tteitei (Post 307807)



Also please note that I found if I changed at around 9k the upshift seemed better although 2-3 was still a bit rough so Iím considering trying clutchless shifts from 2-3.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spud312r Apr 25th 2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tteitei (Post 307808)
Also please note that I found if I changed at around 9k the upshift seemed better although 2-3 was still a bit rough so Iím considering trying clutchless shifts from 2-3.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers fella


Kill time looks right to the left !!!

Have you also tried the kill time default, as i wonder if that works for the OEM shifter will, would it work with the TB supplied shifter ?

17.4 Adjusting the Quick Shifter Kill Time
The ďQS Kill TimeĒ slider allows you to adjust the kill time used for up-shifts.

If the slider is fully to the right, the kill time will use the default time.

As you move the slider to the left the kill time will be reduced.

N.B. If your motorcycle is a Panigale this time adjust can be used to adjust thekill-time for the factory fitted shifter.

tteitei Apr 25th 2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spud312r (Post 307811)
Cheers fella





Kill time looks right to the left !!!



Have you also tried the kill time default, as i wonder if that works for the OEM shifter will, would it work with the TB supplied shifter ?



17.4 Adjusting the Quick Shifter Kill Time

The ďQS Kill TimeĒ slider allows you to adjust the kill time used for up-shifts.



If the slider is fully to the right, the kill time will use the default time.



As you move the slider to the left the kill time will be reduced.



N.B. If your motorcycle is a Panigale this time adjust can be used to adjust thekill-time for the factory fitted shifter.



Havenít tried it myself as I donít know how it compares to having the time all the way to the left. Problem I have is that I canít really make changes at the track as I ride there and canít be bothered to take a laptop to try it out. I wish Wayne provided information about the QS times by Rev and make them adjustable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spud312r Apr 25th 2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tteitei (Post 307813)
Havenít tried it myself as I donít know how it compares to having the time all the way to the left. Problem I have is that I canít really make changes at the track as I ride there and canít be bothered to take a laptop to try it out. I wish Wayne provided information about the QS times by Rev and make them adjustable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The iphone app looks like an easy option - i tried it to day and it works - even cross checked it with laptop..

DStyleNZL Apr 25th 2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spud312r (Post 307806)
Hi Fella

1199S in the UK

Can you screen shot your QS settings screen - either pc app or ipone app..

Just done Donnington Park Track day and the whole episode concerning QS/Blipper was pretty poor

Or do your original settings remain as a good baseline ?

QS kill time - 5mm from the left (shorter)
Blip pressure - blip pressure slide just to the left of the mark
QS pressure - kill just to the right of the mark shown on the slider


I've also increased the BlipH table upto 5500rpm by 3% as suggested by Wayne so not sure if the above settings are stlil valid ?

Im still finding 3% not good enough. I'm going to try 4% and for the street tirm file increase the BlipL table

tteitei Nov 5th 2018 07:13 AM

CC update Nov 2018
Finally solved a few cruise control problems with the nudge buttons. Problems were that the cc would randomly set itself so I would be decelerating but the cc would take over and hold the throttle open. Needed to have fingers over the front brake lever all the time. Also found that cc was always on when I started up without having to hold the start button for three seconds to engage it.

Resolved these problems by removing the nudge buttons and changing the configuration to use the up/down buttons instead. I think the problem is the adapter cable Wayne makes but not entirely sure. Right now the cc works fine although I may at some stage wire up a simple button on the left handlebar in parallel with the start switch to make it easier to set the cruise speed without resorting to using the nudge button setup


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Copyright © 2011-2018 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.