Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   Question about 1199 s (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/29568-question-about-1199-s.html)

Cranck Sep 17th 2017 02:37 PM

Question about 1199 s

Hello everyone!

I have a ducati panigale 1199 s (MY 2102) and I have a question about it.

The models without abs also bring the speed sensors in the
brake discs?

Also bring speed sensors for the management of other electronic actions?DTC for example....

I have this doubt because my bike has the sensors and I do not know if it is because it has the abs canceled or because the models without abs they also has it.

Obviously there is no indication about the abs in the dashboard but I have that doubt about the speed sensors of the brake discs.

The vin number indicates h8 / 00 / AA, which refers to models without abs, is it?

Thank you.

royal Sep 18th 2017 01:01 AM

The front wheel speed sensors are also used for traction control; the ECU compares the speed of the front and back wheels.

Cranck Sep 18th 2017 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal (Post 292348)
The front wheel speed sensors are also used for traction control; the ECU compares the speed of the front and back wheels.

So bikes without abs also have speed sensors on the discs?

royal Sep 18th 2017 01:34 AM

Yes I believe so. Traction control would not work if it didn't have the sensors at the front.

Cranck Sep 18th 2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal (Post 292353)
Yes I believe so. Traction control would not work if it didn't have the sensors at the front.

Thank you very much, I also think that they bring them, at first I thought that my bike had the ABS canceled, but it is a non abs version. It seems that there are few non-abs versions in Spain.

The vin number corroborates that it is a non-abs version but I wanted to know about the speed sensors.

Halo2 Sep 18th 2017 02:59 AM

Seems like a pointless post

Cranck Sep 18th 2017 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo2 (Post 292358)

Pointless why?Do you have the answer to my question? :confused:

topolino Sep 18th 2017 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranck (Post 292328)
Hello everyone!

I have a ducati panigale 1199 s (MY 2102) and I have a question about it.

The models without abs also bring the speed sensors in the
brake discs?

Also bring speed sensors for the management of other electronic actions?DTC for example....

I have this doubt because my bike has the sensors and I do not know if it is because it has the abs canceled or because the models without abs they also has it.

Obviously there is no indication about the abs in the dashboard but I have that doubt about the speed sensors of the brake discs.

The vin number indicates h8 / 00 / AA, which refers to models without abs, is it?

Thank you.

If you are in any doubt look behind your right hand fairing, you can see the ABS unit in there if fitted. If not you still need the speed sensors front and rear as these are used for the DTC function to work, besides them being just for reading wheel speed for the dash (MPH/KMH).

Cranck Sep 18th 2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topolino (Post 292367)
If you are in any doubt look behind your right hand fairing, you can see the ABS unit in there if fitted. If not you still need the speed sensors front and rear as these are used for the DTC function to work, besides them being just for reading wheel speed for the dash (MPH/KMH).

What I see on the right side is the heat exchanger, it does not have the abs module cover.

The abs module would be placed in front of the heat exchanger and it has a cover.

I believe that I can certify 100% that my bike is version no abs and nothing has been manipulated.

Cosmik de Bris Sep 18th 2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo2 (Post 292358)

Both yours and mine are pointless posts.

Cheers