Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 01:51 PM   #1

Tire Warmer Help

Just looking for some help selecting tire warmers. I've been tracking my bike for years and never used them and I'm long overdue. However, there's so many types and versions out there, I'm kind of stuck. There's single temp, dual temp, and digital. Do I really need to have the exact temps of a digital, or can I get away with dual temp? On a typical trackday, if I had a dual temp, when/what time of the day would I use each temp? Below are some options I narrowed my selection down to;

A digital warmer with a decent price to get exact temperatures.
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m...-tire-warmers/

Or a dual temp,
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/w...-tire-warmers/

Wondering what your thoughts are. Are the digital warmers really worth the extra $$$? I'm def willing to pay the extra money if it will make my tires last longer and feel better.

-Jack

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 04:20 PM   #2

Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
Just looking for some help selecting tire warmers. I've been tracking my bike for years and never used them and I'm long overdue. However, there's so many types and versions out there, I'm kind of stuck. There's single temp, dual temp, and digital. Do I really need to have the exact temps of a digital, or can I get away with dual temp? On a typical trackday, if I had a dual temp, when/what time of the day would I use each temp? Below are some options I narrowed my selection down to;

A digital warmer with a decent price to get exact temperatures.
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m...-tire-warmers/

Or a dual temp,
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/w...-tire-warmers/

Wondering what your thoughts are. Are the digital warmers really worth the extra $$$? I'm def willing to pay the extra money if it will make my tires last longer and feel better.

-Jack
Digital control is much better. Being able to set the temp to what you need is pretty important as different tires require different temps.
Just depends on different brands cost difference
The difference between digital and analog warmers for me was $40.

Tires Lasting longer....maybe...depends on so many other factors.
But having your Tires up to temp is very important. Having your tires hot when you first go out so you dont drop you bike with cold tires on the first couple laps, but also not having to wait a few laps before you can start pushing. Also if you ride good enough to keep the tires hot then you have fewer heat cycles so things like tire pressures can be better set/monitored during the day.

I stuffed (cold tear)my first time using a new rear Supercorsa SC1 in the "warm up laps" due to not having tire warmer (amb temp was like 35DegC so didnt think I needed it)
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 04:49 AM   #3

I use Chicken Hawk professional digital. Two reasons. Can set the temp to the degree and that the heating element is not spaced out like on the cheaper models you will see. I could not be happier. They come in a nice briefcase for storage between tracks. (not some nylon bag like some)

Look at it this way you can buy cheaper and then replace in a few years or buy great ones that will last a very very long time.
Thanks from JackAttack
Old Nov 4th 2017, 07:46 AM   #4

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
i have chicken hawk digital warmers and they are a great quality product but not cheap.

I have also had the dual temps and they are fine it's just depends on your needs.
Thanks from youngR
Old Nov 4th 2017, 07:49 AM   #5

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
i should add on track days it's nice to be able to go out and rip straight away rather than waiting a lap or two to get up to pace but it depends on your pace and in most cases it's not a bad thing to slow it down and work on lines and technique.
Thanks from youngR
Old Nov 4th 2017, 12:54 PM   #6

I Ride: '14 1199S '16 675R
Dual temp.

I use the three temp chickenhawk warmers. I use the medium setting (175) to start the day and 20 minutes prior to heading out for sessions after that. I use the low setting (135) anytime I intend to be off the bike for an extended period of time.

Digital warmers wouldn't add any additional benefit for me but cost a good bit more money that could be spent on much more useful rubber.

If anything I might be inclined to switch to the single temp variety the next time I need new ones.
Thanks from JackAttack
Old Nov 4th 2017, 01:18 PM   #7

I use Hot hoops digital. $330AUD (so like $50 USD lol)

Hot Hoops Digital Tyre Warmers | eBay

Most of the track day and Racers use these at my track.

These hold 80degC on my supercorsa's perfect.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 08:48 PM   #8

Moto D pro dual temp non digital. Best price, practically bulletproof and heat more consistently than higher price warmers ive tested temps against at the track. Great carrying case, great warranty. Also draw use less power which makes it more friendly to generators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Nov 6th 2017, 11:09 AM   #9

I Ride: 2013 1199R, 2018 1299FE, & 2015 Panigale R (& 2 HDs)
Yes, the MotoDs are good. And they do back up their warranty - I tested it!
Old Feb 1st 2018, 01:33 PM   #10

Hi all, I just had to go back to this thread because I've learned some other aspects of warmers that I didn't before.
First off, I've heard from a very repected source that the warmers should be left on high all day. Therefore, that eliminates the need for a dual temp warmer except if you're riding on a pretty cool day or rain in which your not getting up to the 180 degree range and therefore should use the lower setting. This second part is my own deduction from learning they should be left on high all day. What do you guys think?
My next question is...are there any warmers that can actually be left on all day??? The ones I've seen all say to not run for more than 4 hours. I'd rather not take them off the warmers during lunch and create another heat cycle when I could just leave them on all day...

-Jack
Thanks from GunMoto

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
tire, warmer