• 2 Post By tack514
  • 1 Post By arturatv
  • 2 Post By arturatv
  • 2 Post By arturatv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 18th 2017, 02:46 PM   #1

I Ride: R1199
Racing season 2018

In this topic I wanna share with you my racing team preparations for next season 2018.

Today we get and fit new short frp belly pans beacuse a few old ones were little tired after all racing season and a couple of crashes.
Oil catch pans is shorter than standard but meet regulations and hold 5liters.
Why short? It must fit undertail Termignoni D170 colletors (4/6 bikes here have this exhaust system). At the beginning of 2017 we have a big problem because this type of bellys were not available anywhere.. Carbott make these for us.
Draining the oil, demounting the belly pan with the previous exhaust system every time was pain in the arse. The d170 saves a lot of valuable minutes especially on the track

I will try to describe next things soon
Thanks from Phl, Twistedracer, royal and 2 others

Old Nov 19th 2017, 07:31 AM   #2

I Ride: Something Faster Than Me (1199R)
Looks great. I ordered (2) last week. It will be a couple of weeks before I see them. It would be awesome if you could list a couple of keypoints with pics for your install. It looks clean, however I know anything that looks clean typically is a PITA. I ordered these based on your advise. After speaking back/forth with Carbott, glad I did. Seem like a good bunch. Thanks again for the advise and good luck in the upcoming season1
Thanks from Twistedracer and arturatv
Old Nov 19th 2017, 09:59 AM   #3

There is no biggeer problem with that.
You can cut a piece of front lower plastic near radiator but it is not necessary.

The only thing to mount is U-shaped holder attached to the engine and that's it.

Like this one

Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Nov 21st 2017, 02:58 PM   #4

Today another mod - INTAKE

We have had several seasons behind us so we tested a lot of air ducts from different companies. Some did not fit, others were too small, others had air gaps at the holder or fairing... We gave montioned before guys from Carbott Composites a free hand to design a new oversized intake for us

In the middle of the season we got a test product that we installed for the fastest rider. We also have our own dyno to test before and after.. but there was no time for any comparison and our aim was not to get unknown amount of horsepower...

After racing season: was noticed improved track times on several tracks, the most effective was faster growth the speed of the motorcycle on long straight sections and the minimum increase of maximum speed also on long straights. Is it due to the air iducts? maybe

So this motnh we ordered, received package and will be equip all Italian machines with new ones. Curio, the fastest rider will have a kevlar intake, which is.. to be honest? as light as a bird's feather or a carbon fiber on but we decide on kevlar to have and try something different

Generally intake is dedicated for db holders, but after small modifications with dremel can fit for orginal bracket also.
With dbholder you can integrate this intake because it has an extended throat which enters inside of the holder.
So we will integrate all of them to each time we remove the front fairing it does not fall on the ground. There will be one screw from the top and thats all.

Few pics

Thanks from Phl and Twistedracer
Old Nov 21st 2017, 04:00 PM   #5

Originally Posted by tack514 View Post
Looks great. I ordered (2) last week. It will be a couple of weeks before I see them. It would be awesome if you could list a couple of keypoints with pics for your install. It looks clean, however I know anything that looks clean typically is a PITA. I ordered these based on your advise. After speaking back/forth with Carbott, glad I did. Seem like a good bunch. Thanks again for the advise and good luck in the upcoming season1
I have some more photos and info on the belly pan that might be useful for you, starting here:

Club Racing on 1299 - Bike Prep
Old Jan 12th 2018, 03:37 PM   #6

Lot of work at this moment.. and lot of new stuff coming.. L2m chrome digital with carbon cover, some new type of carbon swing arm protector, wsbk style tank cover and new design short rear racing hugger from carbott. More info and pics soon!
Thanks from Phl and 990Glen
Old Jan 12th 2018, 04:40 PM   #7

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S
Good luck with the 2018 season.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
2018, carbott, racing, season