Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree20Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 30th 2017, 08:23 AM   #1

The guy who was about get his 1st panigale... sigh...

What's up guys. So close, but the dealership followed it's stereotype and tried to scheme some more money out my pocket in the last minute with the check on the table. The salesman was great, everything was going smooth till the finance manager stepped in and tried to tell me they're going to need x amount more money out of me. So I tried to explain to him that the sales rep had already promised me the total cost hence the written check but he started raising his voice saying 'SO WHO SHOULD PAY FOR IT? ME? YOU WANT (SALES REP) TO PAY FOR IT? THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO PAY FOR THIS!' At that point I didn't even bother wasting anymore time, told him I won't take the bike. Mind you throughout the whole process not once did I negotiate the price bc honestly I felt like it was already a good deal and I just wanted a smooth transaction without any drama. This was going to be my first Panigale 1199 (which is my dream bike) so I wanted my experience to be good.

Of course few minutes later I get a call from the sales rep and he's apologizing and I tell him you've been great but this just left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't even want the bike anymore. He wanted me to speak with the GM and I was willing bc I honestly wanted to give him a heads up on his finance managers nasty attitude.

GM calls me apologizing telling me he teaches his employees to treat everyone like it's their family member but I told him I don't need to be treated like family and I'm not the kind of guy who wants to be treated really well anywhere I go, it honestly makes me feel uncomfortable and it makes me cringe LOL. But at the same time I don't need to be yelled at by anyone telling me I owe them money when I dont. The GM offered to remove the charge but at this point I'm so disgusted, I'm big on principles and I'm also old enough to know there will be plenty of other great deals on bikes out there so I'm not too pressed on buying this particular one.

I don't really want to put out this dealerships name out there bc it's not fair for everyone else who worked hard to put this together for me bc they did a great job. I'm just making this post to update you guys on my little venture to buying my first panigale. LOL hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too laid back and that's the reason why people like this try to muscle more money out of people. I'm looking at it as everyone wants a good deal but also the guys making the sales need to make money too. So I never press too hard on negotiating. Anyways I'll continue to keep you guys updated.

Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:07 AM   #2

I Ride: 1199 Superleggera, 1098R, 999R Xerox, 916 SPS
Sorry. I'm confused. What's the "it" that the finance manager asked you to pay for?

Or was it simpler than that, i.e. that you agreed on a price, wrote a check for that amount, then you were told that's not the price? Or do I have that wrong?

Sorry, it's just hard to follow your post.

Last edited by Sherpa23; Nov 30th 2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:39 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Sherpa23 View Post
Sorry. I'm confused. What's the "it" that the finance manager asked you to pay for?

Or was it simpler than that, i.e. that you agreed on a price, wrote a check for that amount, then you were told that's not the price? Or do I have that wrong?

Sorry, it's just hard to follow your post.

Yeah it's pretty simple. A price was set, I wrote them the check. Finance manager steps in says tags and titles weren't included but when I was discussing the total cost of the bike with everything included the salesman made it clear this was the final price taxes and all, hence me writing out the check. But the finance manager kept saying that isn't the total cost so he's going to need 400 some dollars from me or there's no deal. And when I told him this included in the final price that was discussed by me and 2 other sales managers (So I offered to forward him the email that has the invoice attached) he lost his shit.

A price was given
A check was written
Price was changed
I got yelled at
Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:44 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Jasonk202 View Post
Yeah it's pretty simple. A price was set, I wrote them the check. Finance manager steps in says tags and titles weren't included but when I was discussing the total cost of the bike with everything included the salesman made it clear this was the final price taxes and all, hence me writing out the check. But the finance manager kept saying that isn't the total cost so he's going to need 400 some dollars from me or there's no deal. And when I told him this included in the final price that was discussed by me and 2 other sales managers (So I offered to forward him the email that has the invoice attached) he lost his shit.

A price was given
A check was written
Price was changed
I got yelled at
Ah, I get it now. He wanted to add tags and titles but that was included in the out the door price given to you and the guy wanted to argue with you about it. Well, your reaction makes sense to me. I mean, miscommunications happen and that's one thing but to get yelled at is something else. Man, I don't know on what planet any kind of sales person thinks it's okay to behave like that.
Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:49 AM   #5

A price was given

A check was written

Price was changed

I got yelled at

Thatís ABSOLUTELY uncalled for. At the last minute I was told if I do so much as change my oil on my FE or remove a few bolts WARRANTY VOID! Yeah so Iím a tech and builder, almost killed by others work before; I wrench my own. This became a war, the bike sat unridden as I wouldnít touch it.

It was all to squeeze $3400 out of me on an extra service package. The whole thing was, unreal. Same type of thing, stories changing at the last second. Iím pretty volatile at times, itís unfortunate but necessary. Pretty sure I threatened to slap the taste out of somebodyís mouth and cornered someone else alone and explained the laws of reciprocity in my world.

Miraculously it was worked out quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:50 AM   #6

Ah, I get it now. He wanted to add tags and titles but that was included in the out the door price given to you and the guy wanted to argue with you about it. Well, your reaction makes sense to me. I mean, miscommunications happen and that's one thing but to get yelled at is something else. Man, I don't know on what planet any kind of sales person thinks it's okay to behave like that.
He was the finance manager and yeah it's my first ever experiencing anything like that. I'm just taking it as the universe telling me there's a better bike out there for me lol
Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:56 AM   #7

He was the finance manager and yeah it's my first ever experiencing anything like that. I'm just taking it as the universe telling me there's a better bike out there for me lol
Don't kid yourself: the finance manager IS a sales person. Yes, it can vary by dealership and they have different roles and responsibilities but they're often the final sales person. They should be trained in sales and, of most relevance, not to treat a customer like that.

Think about this: the salesman basically walked through the whole process, got you to agree to a price, and walked to into the office to hand over your check and finalize the sale and then the whole thing falls apart. How mad do you think he is at that finance guy? He didn't have to sell you anything, just not screw it up.
Old Nov 30th 2017, 09:59 AM   #8

Originally Posted by NESBA53 View Post
Thatís ABSOLUTELY uncalled for. At the last minute I was told if I do so much as change my oil on my FE or remove a few bolts WARRANTY VOID! Yeah so Iím a tech and builder, almost killed by others work before; I wrench my own. This became a war, the bike sat unridden as I wouldnít touch it.

It was all to squeeze $3400 out of me on an extra service package. The whole thing was, unreal. Same type of thing, stories changing at the last second. Iím pretty volatile at times, itís unfortunate but necessary. Pretty sure I threatened to slap the taste out of somebodyís mouth and cornered someone else alone and explained the laws of reciprocity in my world.

Miraculously it was worked out quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know usually i lose my temper but I knew immediately that he was making a mistake that's going to cost his co-workers a sale so I wasn't even that upset lol
Thanks from NESBA53
Old Nov 30th 2017, 10:00 AM   #9

Don't kid yourself: the finance manager IS a sales person. Yes, it can vary by dealership and they have different roles and responsibilities but they're often the final sales person. They should be trained in sales and, of most relevance, not to treat a customer like that.

Think about this: the salesman basically walked through the whole process, got you to agree to a price, and walked to into the office to hand over your check and finalize the sale and then the whole thing falls apart. How mad do you think he is at that finance guy? He didn't have to sell you anything, just not screw it up.
I agree 100% he totally f'd his co-workers sale
Thanks from NESBA53
Old Nov 30th 2017, 10:10 AM   #10

Don't kid yourself: the finance manager IS a sales person. Yes, it can vary by dealership and they have different roles and responsibilities but they're often the final sales person.
Truth!

I know its not fair to paint all stealers with the same brush but man its hard when you hear things like this.

True story, my friend paid a finance fee on cash purchase for a bike before. He was 19 and naive lol
Thanks from NESBA53

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1st, guy, panigale, sigh

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed