Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 25th 2018, 06:59 PM   #1

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S
Rexxer & Tuneboy CC

Hi All,

So after my disaterous trip to try to get to PI, I have had the bike at the local dealer. After plugging it in to the DDA system it turns out I have not had one fault code in 5 years until the point of pulling it apart this weekend.

They kindly reset all the codes, updated the software of my bike.

It turns out a faulty spark plug was my issue. Not the MAP, not the injectors just a $22 plug. So...

I am getting the Euro can core removed since they melted, then the bike will be mapped using a Rexxer unit & Dyno...awesome, but can anyone tell me if I can then re-install my Tuneboy CC software and it doesn't effect the new map that will be put onto my ECU?

My dealer has quoted $450 to remap the bike with REXXER and dyno it. Is this a reasonable price?

Cheers

Old Feb 25th 2018, 10:21 PM   #2

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R , RD400c , RGV250 ,KTM300,i also own a Harley and a boat , the Harley is the anchor.
Originally Posted by jock39racer View Post
Hi All,

So after my disaterous trip to try to get to PI, I have had the bike at the local dealer. After plugging it in to the DDA system it turns out I have not had one fault code in 5 years until the point of pulling it apart this weekend.

They kindly reset all the codes, updated the software of my bike.

It turns out a faulty spark plug was my issue. Not the MAP, not the injectors just a $22 plug. So...

I am getting the Euro can core removed since they melted, then the bike will be mapped using a Rexxer unit & Dyno...awesome, but can anyone tell me if I can then re-install my Tuneboy CC software and it doesn't effect the new map that will be put onto my ECU?

My dealer has quoted $450 to remap the bike with REXXER and dyno it. Is this a reasonable price?

Cheers
Sounds fair to me, mine cost 5 hunje for TB install and dyno tune,i dont believe you will be able to retain TB CC though, good to hear it was just a plug.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 10:20 AM   #3

Originally Posted by fens View Post
Sounds fair to me, mine cost 5 hunje for TB install and dyno tune,i dont believe you will be able to retain TB CC though, good to hear it was just a plug.
REXXER a Flash or an external module?
Old Feb 26th 2018, 12:31 PM   #4

Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
REXXER a Flash or an external module?
Flash
Old Feb 26th 2018, 12:32 PM   #5

You can check with Wayne, but if you have a REXXER flash then but I don't believe his software tampers with the fuel map already in your bike, unless you alter the trims etc with his PC software.

Cheers
Old Feb 26th 2018, 01:11 PM   #6

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Yes it does from a dealership any map update wipes the flash and vice versa.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 01:39 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Yes it does from a dealership any map update wipes the flash and vice versa.
Yes. Yesterday my bike got a software update (1st visit to a dealer since 1000km service) and the software erased the ECU and loaded now software. It removed the Tuneboy CC in the process.

I have emailed Wayne and will share if I hear back.

Thanks everyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 01:45 PM   #8

Received this from Wayne last night....Looks like I'm getting the TB package if I want to keep my CC function.

If you tune with the RexXer you can still flash the CC map in but you will wipe out the changes they made with the RexXer.

If they say they can add the cruise control with the RexXer they will be using a stolen version of our software.
We had to take legal action against RexXer to stop them selling the stolen code.
They agree’d to stop but I have heard some dealers still offer the stolen cruise control.
I put booby-traps in the code that make the motorcycle stop after a random distance.
Once the booby-trap is triggered the bike will not start.

Any bike running the RexXer copy of our cruise control will leave the owner stuck at some point.
We have already had 15 RexXer customers that needed to pay us to unlock the ECU to remove the booby-trap.
This is odd since they claim they only sold 7 copies of the cruise control.

Thanks

Wayne Macdonald
Thanks from loki99er
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 02:01 PM   #9

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
@Wayne McDonald (Pass this on to him @jock39racer)

Did you really just email me that you intentionally programmed the code to stall the bike at a random time.

Hope its not in a turn at full lean. Im gonna go and say that sending that email was not your most intelligent business idea.

You should prob consult an attorney before you send any more emails to customers telling them how you sabotage bikes to protect your intellectual property rights.... Just sayin.

NOLA.
Thanks from loki99er
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 02:59 PM   #10

Will do

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
rexxer, tuneboy