Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree10Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 7th 2016, 10:44 AM   #11

I Ride: 199 Panigale
They really are not junk. There was just a slight design flaw that causes them to loose rebound dampening. They can be repaired and revalved in both compression and rebound. I have found the reason that they loose rebound damping, and I am currently working on a permanent solution. I should have a set done and ready to be tested in a few weeks. If you need something now, I went to the Bitubo ECH internals on my race bike, and I love them. My street bike still has the marzocchi forks and they are the ones I am working on that have lost the rebound dampening.
Thanks from Dan

Old Oct 9th 2016, 09:14 AM   #12

I had a brand new bike, 4 sets of Marzocchi forks over two months, in the end I had to pay out 2500 eurs for Ohlins because Ducati told me on a test bed they worked even though the dealer agreed with me that there was no rebound on any of the forks with two different part numbers and they are not junk fitted to one of the most expensive bikes!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2016, 01:56 PM   #13

I have diassambled the cartridge fully. First, I will replace the O rings. On the other hand, There is no any visible damage or replaceable part.
However, does somebody tell me, how much oil is required into the fork and into the cartridge?
Many thanks.
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 03:07 PM   #14

Might as well piss inside for what use they are but below is what you need!

MARZOCCHI: hydraulic upside-down fork equipped with external adjustment system, rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustment inside the fork legs.
Stanchion tube diameter: 50 mm

Fork

Oil quantity per leg

140 cc (per leg)

Standard adjustment value

Rebound: 10 clicks
Compression: 10 clicks
Spring preload: 6 turns
Old Nov 7th 2019, 05:00 AM   #15

Originally Posted by gilesr6 View Post
Here are some pics of the OEM Marzocchi Fork cartridges. I am very impressed with the quality of the design and coatings. The design is very interesting. It has a inital adjustable preload collar, nice hard anodizing and DLC shaft coatings. Not too far off what off road Marzocchi forks are. Alot of guys think that the bladders are pressurized and this is not the case. When the fork is compressed fluid is actually displaced into the bladder. By doing this, when the cartridge is in the fork tube it with air volume around it, it causes pressure on the bladder(aka resistance). By doing this, it basically is like having a pressurized "shock" which will prevent cavitation on compression spikes.

Now, the problem I found with them after dynoing one to see what kind of forces they make was they are so soft. The rebound adjuster has very little range. The compression adjuster works but is difficult to hold it in full stiff position when on the dyno. I believe the rebound has very little range due to the extremely low forces produced from the valving. I am going to try to revalve them and redyno them to see if this will increase the percentage of adjustability.
May i know how to open the top cover (as per photo attach circling in orange color)? I am trying to replace the o-ring in the cartridge. Oil spill out when rebound according to my mechanic. Appreciate your guidance on how to open the cover. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marrzochi Fork 1.jpg (92.8 KB, 5 views)

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
cartridges, fork, marzocchi, oem

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.