Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 8th 2018, 12:17 PM   #11

Mick,

Thanks for the help. Iíll see if that cable from amazon will work. I believe my bike is throwing an error for the map sensors....My 1199 has an intermittent issue where the bike will run fine then randomly throw a check engine light and loose power with a dead throttle.

Hopefully those cables will ship soon so I can diagnose the issue.

I see that youíre in NorCal, cheers from San Jose.

Justin

Old Nov 8th 2018, 12:21 PM   #12

Hey Justin yep no problem so yeah let me know if the ELM does not work I can send you a link to the one that worked for me. A lot of times errors on these bikes come from bad or dirty connections so if the melco shows no codes get some electronics cleaner and start attacking connectors. Yep out in the east bay.

Originally Posted by jwolfson View Post
Mick,

Thanks for the help. Iíll see if that cable from amazon will work. I believe my bike is throwing an error for the map sensors....My 1199 has an intermittent issue where the bike will run fine then randomly throw a check engine light and loose power with a dead throttle.

Hopefully those cables will ship soon so I can diagnose the issue.

I see that youíre in NorCal, cheers from San Jose.

Justin
Old Nov 8th 2018, 03:11 PM   #13

It's so weird. I took the bike to a local ducati shop to have the bike scanned and the tech said the ECU didnt record any faults in the system, which it usually does if a codes is being thrown. Maybe you are right to hit the connectors with electronics cleaner.

Do you have a recommendation on which electronics I should use to clean the connectors?

Last edited by jwolfson; Nov 8th 2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 05:22 PM   #14

Yeah don't waste your time with the dealers the only thing they are capable of is selling bikes that's about it.

I got my contact cleaner at Fry's electronics everything they have will work ok.

Originally Posted by jwolfson View Post
It's so weird. I took the bike to a local ducati shop to have the bike scanned and the tech said the ECU didnt record any faults in the system, which it usually does if a codes is being thrown. Maybe you are right to hit the connectors with electronics cleaner.

Do you have a recommendation on which electronics I should use to clean the connectors?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, melcodiagdiagnostic, software