Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   Titanium bolt kit supplier? (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/30938-titanium-bolt-kit-supplier.html)

able duc Apr 28th 2018 02:03 PM

Titanium bolt kit supplier?
 
Didn't want to hijack the Gecko thread on the engine bolt purchase.

I've been searching the site all morning regarding various suppliers of the titanium engine bolts and bits and pieces. A lot is old info and with missing images and links.

Who have you had the best results with supplying all the bits? Would be nice to get them all in one spot.

JarHead Apr 28th 2018 02:19 PM

Phl

He’s awesome. Great product, at a VERY reasonable price. You can message him directly on here.

Riki Apr 28th 2018 03:04 PM

podium racing has kits for clucht and generator covers.

Gecko Apr 28th 2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by able duc (Post 308130)
Didn't want to hijack the Gecko thread on the engine bolt purchase.

I've been searching the site all morning regarding various suppliers of the titanium engine bolts and bits and pieces. A lot is old info and with missing images and links.

Who have you had the best results with supplying all the bits? Would be nice to get them all in one spot.

Hi able duc

Almost all outer bolts on the Panigale engine are hex flanged M6 bolts.
It is difficult to prepare a kit, because most guys did already do some pimping or modification of their bike.

So, if you already got infected with the titanium virus, the best thing to do would be to remove/measure/re-install all the regular small engine bolts, one by one.

Podium Racing is a very good supplier of special bolts for Ducati bikes, especially for the Panigale. There are various suppliers for regular Ti bolts, the biggest one seems to be ProBolt (which is terribly expensive).

When I started to switch bolts on my bikes to Titanium, I let regular screws be manufactured in Asia. It's the cheapest way. If you need some, just give me a PM. I've got thousands of race spec drilled hex M6 bolts.

One thing is crucial: Always use some grease or antiseize when installing Ti bolts into Al or Mg alloys. I use some non-fancy white Li grease, best in my opinion (cheap and temp resistant for the engine). NEVER use locktite, if you're unsure lockwire the bolts. And please, buy a torque wrench (0-25Nm 1/4").

Cheers

able duc Apr 28th 2018 07:19 PM

Thanks Gecko,

No titanium at all yet but I'd like to start the bike on a weight reduction plan. Just got a couple of dirt bikes that need a little TLC then I'll put the 1199 up on the bench and get my head around it all and see what I need, In silver I think.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

On another note what's a stock 1199 subframe weigh? I have one that weighs 1kg I had on my 899 and was thinking of sticking it on if it will make a difference.

Dingo Apr 28th 2018 10:40 PM

I purchased my TI bits from PROTI - not sure if they have what you’re looking for, but they are forged and very nice!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

double0 Apr 28th 2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingo (Post 308183)
I purchased my TI bits from PROTI - not sure if they have what you’re looking for, but they are forged and very nice!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And don't forget ridiculously expensive. Best lookin ti bolts though.

tunedser031 Apr 29th 2018 05:58 PM

i got all my Titanium bolts from Pro Bolts USA very good stuff, easy to order. Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminium Fasteners & Motorcycle Bolts | ProBolt

bradp51 Apr 30th 2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by able duc (Post 308130)
Didn't want to hijack the Gecko thread on the engine bolt purchase.

I've been searching the site all morning regarding various suppliers of the titanium engine bolts and bits and pieces. A lot is old info and with missing images and links.

Who have you had the best results with supplying all the bits? Would be nice to get them all in one spot.

AD I started out using Probolt then switched to Proti. As Gecko says Proti are very expensive. Podium as a few that Proti do not have, for instance the ignition cover.

I will be able to tell you about the tail weight once I get around to fitting my CF one.

oracle462 Apr 30th 2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradp51 (Post 308255)
AD I started out using Probolt then switched to Proti. As Gecko says Proti are very expensive. Podium as a few that Proti do not have, for instance the ignition cover.



I will be able to tell you about the tail weight once I get around to fitting my CF one.



How much weight savings for all of these titanium bolts?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Copyright © 2011-2018 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.