Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 28th 2018, 06:31 PM   #1

I Ride: 1199S Tri
Calling all PNW panigale owners....

Im about 600 miles shy of the 15k service. Having shopped around a bit im finding that the cost is quite a bit more than what i've previously read on past 15k service threads. So naturally I have a few questions. Some of which has some geographical relevance..

Ducati Seattle quoted me at a flat rate of something like 2080.00$ before taxes. This is where I purchased my bike and for a myriad of reasons promised myself the bike would never go back to them but inquired after getting the portland quote.

Motocorsa Portland came in with an 11 hour labor quote at 1700$ BEFORE adjustment. Worst case scenario where all valves need adjusted, the price increases roughly to 2200$. Does anyone have experience with motocorsa portland? good? bad? ugly? im leaning this direction.

Both dealerships are equidistant at about 7~ hours round trip so saving time there is a wash both ways. One place I have not considered is another dealership by the name of west side power sports in Spokane. They are closer but I have skepticism with any business that is authorized to sell/repair/maintain ducatis but also likely only makes up a small fraction of their business. My fear is that a ski doo tech with a mild familiarity on the superquadro "checks" my valves/fasteners etc.

Mind this is all speculation and the questions that run through my head. I have no experience with either motocorsa nor west side powersports. I am just looking for any kind of endorsements one way or another.

Also, based on what ive read, part of the maintenance cost incurred is somewhat largely due to factory replacement parts ie. sprocket/chain. Does anyone know if they will install aftermarket parts I provide and only charge the labor to install vs both labor and parts cost? If im going to "buy" a replacement sprocket id rather it be one i want outside of OEM.

Thanks in advance

Old Apr 28th 2018, 06:37 PM   #2

Ducati Redmond
Thanks from tyguidry
Old Apr 28th 2018, 06:42 PM   #3

Originally Posted by NW1299 View Post
Ducati Redmond
I will call them on tuesday when they open. I have heard that all the Ducati Dealerships on the west side are owned by the same person(s). Any truth to that? My issues with Ducati Seattle run deeply and it would take a substantial price cut for me to give any more of my money to the same people.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 06:42 PM   #4

Eurosports in PA- 10.5 book hours at $100 per hour. $1,050 no extra costs whether adjustment is needed, no extra charge for shims, just oil and filter cost if thats also being done. F*** greedy dealers. I loathe them. that 10.5 hour book job doesnt even take half that. $2,000+ fuck them
Old Apr 28th 2018, 06:47 PM   #5

Originally Posted by MdDuc View Post
Eurosports in PA- 10.5 book hours at $100 per hour. $1,050 no extra costs whether adjustment is needed, no extra charge for shims, just oil and filter cost if thats also being done. F*** greedy dealers. I loathe them. that 10.5 hour book job doesnt even take half that. $2,000+ fuck them
i noticed that a lot of the 1200-1400 quotes were on the east coast. I assume there must be quite a bit more compeition for duc maintenance work there. California too. Hell, for 1050 I could drive it down for a vacation and probably still come out on top at the end vs what the PNW cost is
Old Apr 28th 2018, 07:31 PM   #6

I Ride: 1299 Anniversario #81
Well.. I bought my Anniversario from westside motorsports here in Spokane. 1 month later at 1100 miles the engine dropped an intake valve requiring a full top end rebuild. The master Ducati tech there (Mark - if he's still there) knows what he's doing. I'm at 8500 miles now and no other issues with the motor...

BUT.. they scratched/scuffed my fuel tank, and I had an oil leak from the clutch cover immediately after picking the bike up after the top end rebuild. They pinched the clutch cover gasket when reassembling. They also overfilled the oil. Also 1 year later my brake light stopped working when using the rear brake. Turns out they pinched the wire behind a bolt when re-assembling the bike. Fixed it myself at my own cost since I will not bring it back there. I will not bring it there for the brembo recall that affects my bike either.

Mark, the master Ducati tech knows what he's doing and will adjust your valves properly. However, after that they will use the new guy just out of high school to reassemble your bike.

So that's my experience with westside. I can't speak about the other dealers. I am mechanically inclined and will adjust my own valves when the time comes. I've found that no shop will ever treat your belongings like you do.
Thanks from tyguidry
Old Apr 28th 2018, 07:45 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Ryfly05 View Post
Well.. I bought my Anniversario from westside motorsports here in Spokane. 1 month later at 1100 miles the engine dropped an intake valve requiring a full top end rebuild. The master Ducati tech there (Mark - if he's still there) knows what he's doing. I'm at 8500 miles now and no other issues with the motor...

BUT.. they scratched/scuffed my fuel tank, and I had an oil leak from the clutch cover immediately after picking the bike up after the top end rebuild. They pinched the clutch cover gasket when reassembling. They also overfilled the oil. Also 1 year later my brake light stopped working when using the rear brake. Turns out they pinched the wire behind a bolt when re-assembling the bike. Fixed it myself at my own cost since I will not bring it back there. I will not bring it there for the brembo recall that affects my bike either.

Mark, the master Ducati tech knows what he's doing and will adjust your valves properly. However, after that they will use the new guy just out of high school to reassemble your bike.

So that's my experience with westside. I can't speak about the other dealers. I am mechanically inclined and will adjust my own valves when the time comes. I've found that no shop will ever treat your belongings like you do.
My fears exactly. To maintain my warranty, I have to have it serviced via authorized dealer, otherwise i would seriously consider taking it on myself. I know 9/10 guys here will say some variation of "pay to play", and I get that, but 1700-2200 just seems a little silly.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 08:53 PM   #8

Originally Posted by tyguidry View Post
I will call them on tuesday when they open. I have heard that all the Ducati Dealerships on the west side are owned by the same person(s). Any truth to that? My issues with Ducati Seattle run deeply and it would take a substantial price cut for me to give any more of my money to the same people.
Yeah, all of them except for South Sound. Have you called them too?
Old Apr 29th 2018, 07:36 AM   #9

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Even though Seattle and Redmond are both owned by Howard, they have had completely different reputations. Bellevue/Redmond has always been my go to Ducati shop, I won’t go to Seattle. They’ve moved Mike from Redmond to Seattle to fix Seattle’s problems though.
Thanks from tyguidry
Old Apr 29th 2018, 09:40 AM   #10

I Ride: 2015 1299 S
MotoCorsa Portland is top notch bar none!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
calling, owners, panigale, pnw