Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Steve B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th 2018, 04:28 AM   #1

Angle of clip on?

Has anyone had issues when on track and at max lean angle getting sore wrists and a feeling of having to bend your forearm up at an unatural angle? Im not getting that nice light feeling with my hands when cranked over I feel like the clip on is too horizontal rather than sloping down. There doesnt seem to be a big selection of clip ons or room around the fairing to change them up with risers

Im 63 and messed around with fitting cheap 1 inch risers not easy on the 1199 but the angle of clip on looks the same as stock ones

If anyone has had this issue and solved it Id like to know how?

Old May 20th 2018, 12:46 PM   #2

I Ride: '12 1199, '13 KTM990SMT
If memory serves, they're about a 5 degree drop; so yes, relatively horizontal compared to many. With the width, I remember thinking they felt like dirtbike bars when I first got the bike...

I prefer more drop and sweepback than stock, and ended up switching to Speedymoto clip-ons, as they're very adjustable. They have a small amount of rise at the clamp, about 2 cm, but I run them with more drop and sweep so the ends are about the same height or lower than stock. Pretty subtle change, but they do let you find a more natural position.
Old May 20th 2018, 09:08 PM   #3

After I posted I actually saw and bought the Omni clip ons (the same as you have with the speedy moto) I’ll try them with the riser brackets i have it looks like they have a fair bit of adjustability Iv never actually seen barslike them that have the bend at the end

My master cylinder hits the clip on bracket around the fork I’d like to move it further in so my fingers are further out on the lever for braking but with the bend in the bars I may be able to rotate the bracket around the fork and be able to move the master cylinder further in towards the forks.

I think being so tall you run into issues with getting the ergonomics right on bikes that the majority don’t have to deal with
Old May 21st 2018, 06:51 AM   #4

I Ride: '12 1199, '13 KTM990SMT
Yep, the omnibars give quite a bit of adjustability due to the bend. Some other brands use a collet-style attachment to achieve similar results but they tend to have just a few positioning options, where the ominbars are infinitely adjustable within their range. Depending on how you orient them, you can make them closer, higher and flatter than stock, increase the reach and drop for a more aggressive position, or anywhere in between. Mine are set up pretty close to stock height at mid grip, but the drop angle is greater and the sweepback is a bit more. I'm at the opposite end from you size-wise at 5'8" (173cm), and the wide, flat bars were limiting my lateral mobility on the bike. Much easier to get off the side with the bars reoriented a bit.
Thanks from youngR

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
angle, clip