Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree26Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 14th 2018, 03:02 AM   #31

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S
Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
I'm not belittling people who mod bikes by just changing rear sets or bolt on pieces, but that is nice bit of work, a bit more involved. Looks understated too, but like it should be there
Hi mate,

Thankyou for your kind words. In this case it really was "one mans loss is another mans gains". If it wasn't for the generous offer from Nesba53, it wouldn't have happened.

Buying this also gave me great pleasure to move the Motocorse exhaust to a deserving owner.

There is something I find about Ducati styling. It doesn't matter if its fairing patterns, rearsets, levers, CF, they just have a flair for "getting it right".
Thanks from Mutt1979 and able duc

Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:24 PM   #32

I Ride: '12 1199S, '06 SC1000
Originally Posted by jock39racer View Post
Well after many moons of fucking around I finally got around to getting the beast tuned and dyno'd this week.

Just have a look at the HP and Torque at low revs. I must admit this exhaust wasn't designed for this bike, but fuck me no wonder it was a bitch to ride.

I just went for a blast and it is a completely different beast. I'm so happy. I wasn't after more HP, just wanted a smooth ride and now I have it....dare I say it I'm finished with the 1199...no more to adjust/change/upgrade
Hi Jock39racer, thanks for posting pics of your bike! Awesome mod. You mentioned that the bike was difficult to ride and it looks like torque drops significantly from 4-5k RPM, is that with the FE exhaust installed on your 1199 without a tune? Was it un-rideable?
Old Jun 9th 2019, 05:43 PM   #33

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S
Originally Posted by alexkoch1 View Post
Hi Jock39racer, thanks for posting pics of your bike! Awesome mod. You mentioned that the bike was difficult to ride and it looks like torque drops significantly from 4-5k RPM, is that with the FE exhaust installed on your 1199 without a tune? Was it un-rideable?
Hi mate,
No it wasn't unrideable, infact it was "fine" at normal high speed stuff i.e in the higher rev range. The torque dip is the exact area in which the Tuneboy cruise control would operate between 80-110km/hr on the highway, thus the bike was surging like a bastard.
In hindsight (after the fire) it is easy to see that the bike was pouring extra fuel into get the bike up to speed, which inturn wasn't being efficiently burned and it ended up carbonising the cans. This, over a 1000km journey, because exacerbated as the surface area for the exhaust gas to pass through the cans became diminished, so the bike poured more fuel in.

It was completely my fuck up, and lesson learned. I did try about 10 of Tuneboys tunes just so see if they made any difference. Some improved and some made it worse (to be fair to Tuneboy, they weren't for this set up so I was just trying to get lucky).

Back to your question, the bike was only shit to ride (jerky) at low revs.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, 1299fe, dyne, dyno, exhaust