Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 8th 2018, 08:43 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: California

Posts: 19
Thanks: 3

Thanks for the replies guys definitely changing my mind but hard decision considering the 13r is a pretty bike
Jayfabs is offline  
 
Old Aug 8th 2018, 09:01 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
gnance's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Juneau, AK

Posts: 748
Thanks: 324

I Ride: Motorcycles
Originally Posted by Jayfabs View Post
Thanks for the replies guys definitely changing my mind but hard decision considering the 13r is a pretty bike
Just get what you like. None of the ducs I have had ever like stop and go traffic though, so if that's a concern think about something else so your bike doesn't overheat or melt plastics.
gnance is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 09:17 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: California

Posts: 19
Thanks: 3

So my daily commute consist of 50-85mph in morning on the freeway the whole way and 20-45mph splitting the car pool lane on way home since I live in California. I literally only hit several stop lights that have no traffic at them. 25 miles each way.
Jayfabs is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2018, 05:45 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,106
Thanks: 238

My 13R is for sale here. Barely off warranty and been garaged since the end of last season. $12K
C
2013 Ducati Panigale 1199 R $14,000 OBO Extended Warranty
Thanks from Twistedracer
BadBoyBeltran is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 04:51 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: California

Posts: 19
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by BadBoyBeltran View Post
My 13R is for sale here. Barely off warranty and been garaged since the end of last season. $12K
C
2013 Ducati Panigale 1199 R $14,000 OBO Extended Warranty
Thanks for the link.
Jayfabs is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 10:01 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: Morrisville NC

Posts: 8
Thanks: 4

I love mine! It will never see a track, but I have lusted after one for years and years and I love the fact that its an unruly bitch on the road, as thats exactly what I wanted. I have other bikes that are available if I want that picture perfect ride...but when I want to feel like I am rolling on a full blown GP bike, this is what I ride.
RedRider0151 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 10:34 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: California

Posts: 19
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by RedRider0151 View Post
I love mine! It will never see a track, but I have lusted after one for years and years and I love the fact that its an unruly bitch on the road, as thats exactly what I wanted. I have other bikes that are available if I want that picture perfect ride...but when I want to feel like I am rolling on a full blown GP bike, this is what I ride.
that sounds like a blast

Last edited by Jayfabs; Aug 9th 2018 at 10:55 AM.
Jayfabs is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 07:17 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,962
Thanks: 1049

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Iíd wait for the 15R+. More power, better electronics. Looks wise some prefer the earlier narrow body (thatís what I call it) or the later wide body. Both good looking.
It a waste to put on miles on these as commuters. A nice canyon road, plenty in California, or better yet a racetrack is where these bikes are at home.
Thanks from youngR
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2018, 08:22 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: California

Posts: 19
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Iíd wait for the 15R+. More power, better electronics. Looks wise some prefer the earlier narrow body (thatís what I call it) or the later wide body. Both good looking.
It a waste to put on miles on these as commuters. A nice canyon road, plenty in California, or better yet a racetrack is where these bikes are at home.
I am lucky to have some great riding just minutes from my house. I ride daily just because I hate traffic. I have a company truck and free gas but still love to ride. I do plan to start computing more with a coworker so as to not put crazy miles on the bike. I have the 07 R1 right now but really shouldnít keep both. For some reason Iím still leaning towards a 13r I want to go see both in person but the 13r looks better in pics to me.
Jayfabs is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2018, 12:40 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: Chula Vista

Posts: 3
Thanks: 0

Where in California are you? I have a 13r with 1700 miles and a bunch of extras i might let go. I’m down in San Diego.
fherjohn is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199r, buy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1199r dqs Mick1976 Ducati 1199 4 Jan 29th 2017 01:51 PM
F/S 1199R 166 Miles RingMiester27 Ebay Auctions 17 Oct 27th 2014 03:29 PM
1199R becoming available RD16RR Ducati 1199 2 Jul 26th 2013 04:51 AM
When are we getting our 1199r Prakash Motorcycle Talk 18 Mar 22nd 2013 02:44 PM
1199r Prakash Ducati 1199 3 Jan 27th 2013 07:38 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed