Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 18th 2018, 04:55 AM   #1

I Ride: Panigale 1199
1199 ABS residual brake pressure

I recently started rebuilding the 1199 race bike back to original so it can operate again on the street.
However I found two issues which gave problems.
First was the left handlebar switch which didn't operate 100%. This was luckily solved by installing a free new service wiring part in the left fairing from the dealer.

But now the brake....During racing I operated the bike with another master cilinder (from BRAKING) and bypassed the ABS completely with steel brakelines direct to the calipers. The ABS was closed up with dummy bolts and the system was shut off.

Now I reinstalled the old ABS system completely, bleeded the system about 8 times with no air coming out but....
The rear brake system works perfect but the front will not get enough pressure and what's more important the brake pressure releases to slow causing the front wheel to lock too long and dragging the brakepads. After about 7 seconds the pressure is back to normal and the wheel spins free again.
Now I serviced the master cilinder with a new internal piston from the dealer and it works fine. The calipers work fine as well.
Pistons can be shifted manually easily. What remains is the oil lines and ABS unit in the middle but I'm not sure this is the cause.
My hooked up HEXA computerprogram detects no faults in the ABS unit (And yes the lines are fitted on the ABS unit in the right order).

No leakage anywhere, any suggestions?

Old Aug 19th 2018, 06:17 AM   #2

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
This might be the part where the dealer is required.
When the dealer services the abs brake system the DDS cycles the ABS system while bleeding. Itís something we canít do ourselves.
This might be whatís causing your problem.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, abs, brake, pressure, residual