Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 12:03 PM   #41

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S (2014)
Ok! Not so good feedback! You are the first to state ( what I have seen) thar RexXer is worse than terminupmap, usually feedback have been that it is smoother than termi upmap but may have other issues. RexXer have been used to tune these bikes for yers now so one would expect to receive a well optimated map for common configurations as termi and high flow filters...

I have read a lot of good feedback from poeples using rapid bike modules but I would not like to go with that due to no impact att bottom end under 4000 rpm and the additional hardware with cable routings etc. It will be either RexXer or Tuneboy. More feedback from users of those are highly appreciated...

Old Mar 21st 2017, 01:13 PM   #42

I recently (maybe a month ago) got the Rexxer flash from David... to be honest I didn't notice too much of a difference, except when the bike is cold, if i blip the gas it doesnt drop the RPMs as fast as it used to, they kinda stay above 1800 for like a second and then it drops to regular idle.

At a red light, when I go I dont have that feeling anymore that the bike would die on me and I have to gas it a lot (that happened after I installed the exhaust. previous to the flash)

Also, bike drives like S#@%! under 25-30mph... When I used to have my BoosterPlug installed, it used to drive way better when cruising on a residential street, school zone or during heavy traffic... now my bike under those circumstances is a pain in the butt to ride and I have to pull the clutch way too much to avoid all that jerky ride. - Don't care too much about this because 90% of the time I am way above 30mph.. so....

Feels that the mid-range improved a little bit but to be honest I am kinda regretting the Flash and maybe I should've gone with the Rapid Bike to at least be able to tweak it a little bit if I am not happy with the way the bike responds...

Bike: 2013 1199 base/ABS , sc project cr-t exhaust, k&n air filter.

Dyno: 183rwhp after flash (I would've loved to see how much it was before the flash)
Thanks from jdgun and micao

Last edited by rrgermanlv; Mar 21st 2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 08:17 PM   #43

I just got a Rexxer flash last weekend for my 1299, akra full, BMC air, and to say that it is an improvement below 40mph is a stretch. In fact, I'm almost convinced I have progressively made my bike worse, in terms of throttle management. It's almost laughable the amount a rowing I need to do with the clutch off the line.

Has anyone used Woolwich Racing? Ducati ECU Flashing
Thanks from jdgun and rrgermanlv
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 02:37 AM   #44

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299S, 2016 BMW S1000RR, 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R
Need to check out the BrenTuning flash. They did wonders on my BMW and if their Ducati flash is anything close to the BMW it will be a great improvement.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 06:20 AM   #45

Here is my update to start the week, and I will have way more info this Saturday.

Swapped some emails with Dave (Rexxer) and never could get much but something must be wrong with my bike. Mentioned I added a rapidbike module with the rexxer flash, bike ran AMAZING for the first 5 minutes then bike would go into limp mode, after some 100mph+ runs. I could not get a solid response if my O2 sensors were disabled or not. Just that by connecting the O2's the ecu would go back to a stock mode of operation.

The rexxer flash was not as good across the board as the termi upmap IMO, anything under 20% throttle it was pretty bad to be honest, the midrange was horrible.

Will have a stock ecu here on Friday, going to take it out for riding, then plug the rapibike back up and see how it goes.
Thanks from GunMoto and rrgermanlv
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 08:03 AM   #46

Sorry forgot to respond to your pm..

Running good for the first few minutes is probably because it takes time until the o2 sensors to warm up and activate. Once they pop on something is going wrong

Did you try to run a 0 map with the auto tune off on the rapidbike?
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 05:56 AM   #47

Originally Posted by tadashi View Post
Sorry forgot to respond to your pm..

Running good for the first few minutes is probably because it takes time until the o2 sensors to warm up and activate. Once they pop on something is going wrong
Did you try to run a 0 map with the auto tune off on the rapidbike?
I picked up a Stock ecu off ebay, hooked it up and went out last night for a test run. The bike started up just fine, idled & did not have any hanging rpm like some other to include myself have experienced with the rexxer tune.

The fueling was as one would expect from a stock map on a bike running a full system and air filter. Needless to say it was NOT as good as the rexxer tune.
I do not have a upmap of any kind to do some back to back runs with.

Reconnected the rapidbike last night, should be able to get out and do some riding after work, weather depending.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 07:58 AM   #48

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
I picked up a Stock ecu off ebay, hooked it up and went out last night for a test run. The bike started up just fine, idled & did not have any hanging rpm like some other to include myself have experienced with the rexxer tune.

The fueling was as one would expect from a stock map on a bike running a full system and air filter. Needless to say it was NOT as good as the rexxer tune.
I do not have a upmap of any kind to do some back to back runs with.

Reconnected the rapidbike last night, should be able to get out and do some riding after work, weather depending.
Sounds like you'll be good to go. Get some miles on there to give the Rapidbike time to adjust.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 10:47 AM   #49

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
If you want to eliminate the O2's as a possible fault, you can try these:

My Tuning Bike: CAN-BUS auto tuning module | Rapid Bike adaptive fuel injection tuning for all sport bikes.

Be advised that price is for one. This will give you a true auto-tune set up. If you still have money burning a hole in your pocket, you can opt for the RB You Tune. I like having the ability to monitor my AFR's while I ride and it gives you launch control as well.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 07:52 AM   #50

OK seems I found the culprit to the issue with the rapidbike on my bike.
One of the Pins in the Can Bus connector on the bike was pushed in a bit.
Took some serious work, but it is all flushed now so reconnected the rapidbike and presto 26 mile ride no issues except semi crappy fueling.. but that was sorting itself out as the miles went up.

Have not checked to see if it is the O2 sensor, but I would guess that is the pin which was pushed in..

If anyone with a 12-14 1199 wants to try out the rexxer flash ecu, more than happy to work something out with you.
Thanks from Twistedracer

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
ecu, flash, rexxer

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.