1199 R check engine error

Hello Guys

i just wondering if anyone could help me with my panigle issue

i just washed the bike and rod it like 50 miles then parked it for 2 months
battery went down and i had to charge it via battery tender

after bike started noticed the check engine light on red color
and the gas pump on yelleow color

i rod it for a while and changed the gas but the error still on
yet when i ride the bike over 5000 RPM the engine start to act weird and lose power

i have tried other gas pump from other duacti bike but error remains
changed the air filter yet still no success

anyone has the same issue please let me know how to solvd it

appreciate it

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 01:16 PM   #2

I would check the black box under the seat. Usually when you wash the bike, moisture can build up in the plugs and can cause a bad connection.

Black box is under the seat.

Justin
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 03:12 PM   #3

Like he said check the plug, unplug it and see if its wet by any channe

Old Oct 4th 2018, 12:08 AM   #4

I Ride: 1199S ABS, V4S
Probably one of the map sensors is gone. Map sensors on these bikes are very sensitive to small arcs when replacing or jumping the battery. Your bike will bang and pop after 5K rpm. Most probably just one sensor is gone and you dont need to change both. Unfortunately unlike Diavel or Multis which show "pressure sensor" fault 1199 will just show "check engine". Hope this helps
Old Oct 8th 2018, 10:15 PM   #5

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
You washed the bike, rode it for 50 miles, and then parked it for two months. I’ll go out on a limb here… if water infiltrated the BBS connector when it was washed 2 months ago, I think it’s had ample time to dry. You have an “ENGINE” error message displayed, correct? The yellow indication… are you sure it’s the reserve fuel indication, or is it actually the EOBD light? If you have an error message present, it should be accompanied by the EOBD indicator. The “ENGINE” message covers nearly a dozen and a half different systems, and yes, as another member pointed out, a faulty MAP sensor would fall under the “ENGINE” error category. This is where diagnostic software proves useful. Software, such as MelcoDiag will allow you to read the trouble codes and isolate the fault.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, check, engine, error