Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:30 PM   #1

I Ride: Panigale
My new Base with mods

Hi all,

My MY13 arrived yesterday, have hardly ridden it, busy opening up all my boxes of bits and pieces.

So far:

- broke up the black wheels with Rimstickers tape and some stickers I found on ebay

- liked the DUCATI CORSE sticker so grabbed those from the same ebay.it shop everyone is using

- Ilmberger carbon where I could - instrument surrounds, intakes, mudguard, heel guards - Ilmberger is seriously good stuff, fit was absolutely spot on

- DP carbon elsewhere - just the shock guard and clutch cover

- DP fender eliminator - missing a few screws in the pack but my radio control helicopter hobby means I have heaps of spare M2 screws lying around, time consuming fit but gives a really nice OEM look

- DP race seat is a surprising improvement in comfort over the OEM, I was expecting more grip but it is also softer

- I installed the Rizoma pegs that I saw someone else on the forum use and they are a significantly grippier peg than OEM

Just waiting on my Lux indicators and some clear wrap.

Here it is before and after: (EDIT photos sharpened up).

Last edited by OzStriker; Jan 24th 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Old Jan 24th 2013, 01:13 AM   #2

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
Hi all,

My MY13 arrived yesterday, have hardly ridden it, busy opening up all my boxes of bits and pieces.

So far:

- broke up the black wheels with Rimstickers tape and some stickers I found on ebay

- liked the R's DUCATI CORSE sticker so grabbed those from the same ebay.it shop everyone is using

- Ilmberger carbon where I could - instrument surrounds, intakes, mudguard, heel guards - Ilmberger is seriously good stuff, fit was absolutely spot on

- DP fender eliminator - missing a few screws in the pack but my radio control helicopter hobby means I have heaps of spare M2 screws lying around, time consuming fit but gives a really nice OEM look

- DP race seat is a surprising improvement in comfort over the OEM, I was expecting more grip but it is also softer

- I installed the Rizoma pegs that I saw someone else on the forum use and they are a significantly grippier peg than OEM

Here it is before and after: (I apologise for the poor quality of the photos).
Nice mods

Next job, get some miles on and enjoy letting the beast rip!!!

BTW, Give us a clue whats under wraps in the background. Before I guess, German or Japanese?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 01:14 AM   #3

I Ride: the road
Termi box on the shelf - whats that all about

Get 'em fitted ASAP
Old Jan 24th 2013, 02:31 AM   #4
alb

I Ride: '12 1199 ABS
Any chance of a pic of your instrument surrounds and intakes? I already have the Ilmberger ignition surround.

Cheers,

Al.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 03:45 AM   #5

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
Nice work!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 05:25 AM   #6

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Hi all,

So far:

- liked the R's DUCATI CORSE sticker so grabbed those from the same ebay.it shop everyone is using

Looks alot like my bike (same DPs/stickers/tape) so perfect!! Dang that's a big license plate! What's hiding under the covers if I might ask...
Old Jan 24th 2013, 05:47 AM   #7

I Ride: Panigale Tricolore, 2010 KTM 990 SMR, 2002 HD Heritage Springer
Good job! She looks great.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 06:21 AM   #8
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
nice. I am always amazed what the rim stripes can do.

i have the tankslapper kit, too, but some elemets will already need to be changed. okay, it's almost 5500 miles now...

enjoy the bike!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 06:29 AM   #9

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
You got a lot done in a day! Your bike looks great, nice job! You'll like the LED block offs, at first I was a little "meh" about it, but now I wouldn't go back.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 06:58 AM   #10

I Ride: 2013 1199 Ducati Panigale ABS
Hi all,

So far:

Im normally NOT a fan of "stepping up" an item to look like something its not, (in this case a base to an R) However, with that said... I like the Rim Strpping and the Corse decals. But in person, do they look factory installed or can you clear see they are added? I do like the look of this bike, if anyone can provide a link or ebay seller name who sells these in QUALITY id like to take a look. Also how hard is it to stripe the wheels and keep them straight without looking like shit. From your low quality pictures, This all looks spot on and factory OEM. Does it look that good in person?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
base, mods