Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:16 PM   #1

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199, Harley Davidson Deuce, KTM 450 EXC-r supermoto
INSTALLING AND WIRING Oberon Bi-directional LED turn signal bar ends

Ok, after 'searching' without success I am posting a new thread on these bad boys based on installation questions.

Based on every report I've read, the bar end mirrors are infinitely more functional than the stock antlers. I myself find the stock antlers annoying in that I can't see squat behind me unless I squirm my body to the opposite side while tucking my shoulder and elbow before I can see if its clear to change lanes or check for the fuzz or anyone getting in my ass. This creates longer reaction time and more anxiety/less fun while riding.

I've decided to take the plunge and go antlerless and add some width to my Pani with the Arrows, Oberon bi-d's and block offs of course. No adapter is needed to seat the mirrors if you buy the Oberon bi-d's since they include the adapter in their setup.

I just purchased the CRG Arrow mirrors and block off plates from Motowheels. As they do not currently have the Oberon's in stock I purchased a set on Ebay from a very respected (feedback) and higly communicative merchant.

My main anxiety here is the wiring from where the antlers originally were to where the bar end signals will be.

My concerns are based on the following:

1) I've read that the Oberon's do not include installation/wiring instructions.

2) I read one guy saying he may have to or may want to have nose cowl removed to conceal wiring

3) see number 2.

Would anyone here that has this setup be so kind as to:

1) Post step by steps on getting the Oberon's working?

or

2) Show a video of above?

or

3) Pat me on the back and tell me everything is gonna be ok because its all plug and play and will only take a minute to wire?

Thanks bros,

Last edited by devilsnight; Jan 25th 2013 at 12:18 PM.

Old Jan 25th 2013, 01:54 PM   #2

I Ride: 2012 1199S Tri, 2017 1299s anni #145, 2016 CRF
dude, chill out! everything will be fine! lol

now, i have this set up on mine and had no problems doing the install with only basic tools. i can take some pics if you want on which bolts to take out and how to do it. I did remove the front fairing (nose piece) to air in removing and rerouting the wiring.

now the wiring for the signals is straight forward as there are only two wires on the stock signals and two wires on the new ones. they are polarity sensitive so it one way doesn't work just switch the wires around and they should work.

let me know if you would like more info and i can take some pics. not really sure how to upload a video from my phone.?
Old Jan 25th 2013, 02:11 PM   #3

Never replaced signals before, eh? It's cake, mang.

If you want it to look nice then yes take off the front fairing in order to move some wiring around.

Motowheels made a video on how to install. I'm assuming you probably bought their bolt on adapter for the signals?

Oberon Bar End Turnsignal Installation.wmv - YouTube
Old Jan 25th 2013, 02:12 PM   #4
alb

I Ride: '12 1199 ABS
Removing the front fairing isn't difficult. Took me about 15 mins the first time.

You just have to take your time and be gentle.

Wiring up the Oberons may be easier than wiring up luxmachines blockoff indicators I would think as you can probably wire the oberons fully without the cowel on.

I also see that you can buy the other side of the connector, to save you cutting the original indicator wires.

Do CRG Arrow mirrors fit the Oberon adapters?

Last edited by alb; Jan 25th 2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 06:23 AM   #5

Originally Posted by jsgcb View Post
dude, chill out! everything will be fine! lol

now, i have this set up on mine and had no problems doing the install with only basic tools. i can take some pics if you want on which bolts to take out and how to do it. I did remove the front fairing (nose piece) to air in removing and rerouting the wiring.

now the wiring for the signals is straight forward as there are only two wires on the stock signals and two wires on the new ones. they are polarity sensitive so it one way doesn't work just switch the wires around and they should work.

let me know if you would like more info and i can take some pics. not really sure how to upload a video from my phone.?
So you have the CRG Arrows with the bi-d Oberons correct?

If so this confirms that the arrows can in fact fit on the bi-d's.

Did you have to loosen the handlebars rotate and drill a hole in them too?

Thanks,
Old Jan 26th 2013, 09:33 AM   #6

i have the bi directional signals from oberon but went with the crg blindsight mirrors, i don't usually even have them on as i find most mirrors ugly but sometimes if i am going to the city i put them on. i live in a area that there isn't many houses and people so i don't worry about what is behind me too much, just what wildlife is going to step out in front of me! lol
Old Jan 26th 2013, 09:36 AM   #7

sorry forgot to mention, no i didn't move the bars, there are plastic caps on the inside of the bars that i popped out and drilled a hole through , ran my wires through and then reinstallled so the wires didn't rub on the metal of the bars. piece of cake!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 03:11 PM   #8

sorry forgot to mention, no i didn't move the bars, there are plastic caps on the inside of the bars that i popped out and drilled a hole through , ran my wires through and then reinstallled so the wires didn't rub on the metal of the bars. piece of cake!
Thanks bro, I'll probably get in yer ear once the items arrive and I begin to unravel everything.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 07:25 AM   #9

I Ride: Ninja 250R(track), RC390(street), 899 Panigale(street)
Can you please share pics of this?
Old Aug 20th 2017, 09:29 PM   #10

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Can you please share pics of this?
Devilsnight has not had any activity for nearly 4 years and the thread is nearly 6 years old so I doubt you will see photos from him. Check the website from post #3 to see photos of the install

Last edited by bradp51; Aug 20th 2017 at 09:32 PM.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bar, bidirectional, ends, installing, led, oberon, signal, turn, wiring

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.