Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 30th 2013, 03:57 PM   #1

I Ride: Panigale Tricolore, 2010 KTM 990 SMR, 2002 HD Heritage Springer
Ecu flash

Can anyone speak from expiereince about any issues created or made worse by the latest flash?

Old Jan 31st 2013, 05:59 PM   #2

I Ride: Panigale Tricolore, 2010 KTM 990 SMR, 2002 HD Heritage Springer
I thought there were complaints of stalling after getting the update?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 06:10 PM   #3

Um, I'm more than pleased. Different bike...
Old Jan 31st 2013, 06:36 PM   #4

I Ride: 2012 1199 Panigale Tri
Bike is smoother in slow first and second gear roll on. I haven't had it back on the track because its cold as balls here. In the track you are always full on so not a big diff. Around town much more manageable.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 07:53 PM   #5

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Base Model
I displayed all the details of the Rexxer ECU flash of course. But fuel module cannot affect the driveability range below 4k rpm. An ECU flash can. Dave works for Ducati and develops these maps. They won't damage your bike. It would be the same as the ecu flash from november for the fuel map update, but even more intense without the emmision restrictions. I plan on having it done because the bike is a whole different animal with the new update. I can't imagine what it is going to be like with the bikes full potential.

I remember reading someones post earlier about how he was having stalls. The dealer took the bike back, removed the exhaust valve, carbon canister, and fixed wiring ground, then adjusted ECU... They removed the restrictions and did an adjusted flash! No different than Rexxer. I would highly recommend you look into them. If it were any other company I would not trust them. But Dave WORKS at the Ducati dealer in Yorktown, VA and develops tunes for Ducati's and other bikes. If it were anyone else that didn't have experience or work for them I wouldn't trust them. I plan to have mine flashed probably next month so long as my dealer allows it. Cheers!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 02:41 AM   #6

I Ride: '14 ZX10R ABS/'12 Panigale S w/ABS
Originally Posted by elitesoldier357 View Post
I displayed all the details of the Rexxer ECU flash of course. But fuel module cannot affect the driveability range below 4k rpm. An ECU flash can. Dave works for Ducati and develops these maps. They won't damage your bike. It would be the same as the ecu flash from november for the fuel map update, but even more intense without the emmision restrictions. I plan on having it done because the bike is a whole different animal with the new update. I can't imagine what it is going to be like with the bikes full potential.

I remember reading someones post earlier about how he was having stalls. The dealer took the bike back, removed the exhaust valve, carbon canister, and fixed wiring ground, then adjusted ECU... They removed the restrictions and did an adjusted flash! No different than Rexxer. I would highly recommend you look into them. If it were any other company I would not trust them. But Dave WORKS at the Ducati dealer in Yorktown, VA and develops tunes for Ducati's and other bikes. If it were anyone else that didn't have experience or work for them I wouldn't trust them. I plan to have mine flashed probably next month so long as my dealer allows it. Cheers!
That would be me, sir. I can't comment on whether the bike is better or not just yet, i am picking it up tonight.

On another note, I am VERY interested in Rexxer. I am planning on pairing it with Austin Racing pipe some time in the future. Ducati made it obvious that they left a lot of room for tuning on the table with the initial tune, i am looking to expand those margins to the max.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
ecu, flash