Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 20th 2013, 06:09 PM   #1

I Ride: 1199S
Who has crashed their panigale?

Last tuesday i was ripping around my local race track when all of a sudden I had the rear tyre give up on me whilst at max lean and had the unpleasant experience of sliding on my ass watching my beauty slide away from me before we both came to a stop in the pebbles.

Left side all torn up but saved the swing arm, front and rear shocks etc due to protective covers.

I now need new road/street fairings, handle bars, levers etc and was wondering if anyone new of some good options or alternatives?

Found a few eBay stores in the Netherlands that seem to have good prices so far but was wondering if anyone else in my position found a good solution?

Old Feb 20th 2013, 06:10 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Copiya View Post
Last tuesday i was ripping around my local race track when all of a sudden I had the rear tyre give up on me whilst at max lean and had the unpleasant experience of sliding on my ass watching my beauty slide away from me before we both came to a stop in the pebbles.

Left side all torn up but saved the swing arm, front and rear shocks etc due to protective covers.

I now need new road/street fairings, handle bars, levers etc and was wondering if anyone new of some good options or alternatives?

Found a few eBay stores in the Netherlands that seem to have good prices so far but was wondering if anyone else in my position found a good solution?
Good time to switch to Carbon? There's Ilmberger and Carbovionni or w/e. Ducati also sells unpainted fairings.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Banned

Originally Posted by Copiya View Post

Ouch!! So sorry to hear that but glad you're ok. Shark skins seem to be a decent option as I have heard around here.

So what are our options for frame sliders these days?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:20 PM   #4

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Ouch!! So sorry to hear that but glad you're ok. Shark skins seem to be a decent option as I have heard around here.

So what are our options for frame sliders these days?
You have the t-rex and sato sliders. Then you have the DP or GB case covers. I ordered the GB's today.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:48 PM   #5
Banned

Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
You have the t-rex and sato sliders. Then you have the DP or GB case covers. I ordered the GB's today.
Source of the GB's?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:49 PM   #6

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Source of the GB's?
https://www.motomummy.com/ducati/201...ine-cover-set/
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:56 PM   #7

Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
Also the woodcraft clutch cover came out too. That one is on my list.
https://www.motomummy.com/ducati/woo...-clutch-cover/

They also make the clip ons now too.

Last edited by Cobra700; Feb 20th 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:57 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Cobra700 View Post
Also the woodcraft case cover came out too. That one is on my list.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. The GB's are easy to slap on .

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
crashed, panigale

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed