Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 20th 2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Copiya's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Sydney

Posts: 148
Thanks: 48

I Ride: 1199S
Who has crashed their panigale?

Last tuesday i was ripping around my local race track when all of a sudden I had the rear tyre give up on me whilst at max lean and had the unpleasant experience of sliding on my ass watching my beauty slide away from me before we both came to a stop in the pebbles.

Left side all torn up but saved the swing arm, front and rear shocks etc due to protective covers.

I now need new road/street fairings, handle bars, levers etc and was wondering if anyone new of some good options or alternatives?

Found a few eBay stores in the Netherlands that seem to have good prices so far but was wondering if anyone else in my position found a good solution?
Copiya is offline  
 
Old Feb 20th 2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Someville, Somestate

Posts: 3,293
Thanks: 380

Originally Posted by Copiya View Post
Last tuesday i was ripping around my local race track when all of a sudden I had the rear tyre give up on me whilst at max lean and had the unpleasant experience of sliding on my ass watching my beauty slide away from me before we both came to a stop in the pebbles.

Left side all torn up but saved the swing arm, front and rear shocks etc due to protective covers.

I now need new road/street fairings, handle bars, levers etc and was wondering if anyone new of some good options or alternatives?

Found a few eBay stores in the Netherlands that seem to have good prices so far but was wondering if anyone else in my position found a good solution?
Good time to switch to Carbon? There's Ilmberger and Carbovionni or w/e. Ducati also sells unpainted fairings.
TransNone13 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Long Island, NY

Posts: 817
Thanks: 151

Originally Posted by Copiya View Post
Last tuesday i was ripping around my local race track when all of a sudden I had the rear tyre give up on me whilst at max lean and had the unpleasant experience of sliding on my ass watching my beauty slide away from me before we both came to a stop in the pebbles.

Left side all torn up but saved the swing arm, front and rear shocks etc due to protective covers.

I now need new road/street fairings, handle bars, levers etc and was wondering if anyone new of some good options or alternatives?

Found a few eBay stores in the Netherlands that seem to have good prices so far but was wondering if anyone else in my position found a good solution?
Ouch!! So sorry to hear that but glad you're ok. Shark skins seem to be a decent option as I have heard around here.

So what are our options for frame sliders these days?
RSR racer is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Someville, Somestate

Posts: 3,293
Thanks: 380

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Ouch!! So sorry to hear that but glad you're ok. Shark skins seem to be a decent option as I have heard around here.

So what are our options for frame sliders these days?
You have the t-rex and sato sliders. Then you have the DP or GB case covers. I ordered the GB's today.
TransNone13 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:48 PM   #5
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Long Island, NY

Posts: 817
Thanks: 151

Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
You have the t-rex and sato sliders. Then you have the DP or GB case covers. I ordered the GB's today.
Source of the GB's?
RSR racer is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Someville, Somestate

Posts: 3,293
Thanks: 380

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Source of the GB's?
https://www.motomummy.com/ducati/201...ine-cover-set/
TransNone13 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Cobra700's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Florida

Posts: 539
Thanks: 170

Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
You have the t-rex and sato sliders. Then you have the DP or GB case covers. I ordered the GB's today.
Also the woodcraft clutch cover came out too. That one is on my list.
https://www.motomummy.com/ducati/woo...-clutch-cover/

They also make the clip ons now too.

Last edited by Cobra700; Feb 20th 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Cobra700 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2013, 07:57 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Someville, Somestate

Posts: 3,293
Thanks: 380

Originally Posted by Cobra700 View Post
Also the woodcraft case cover came out too. That one is on my list.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. The GB's are easy to slap on .
TransNone13 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
crashed, panigale



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed