Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Patrickbotzet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 25th 2018, 04:33 PM   #1

Not starting after ECU flash, BBS removal

I have searched all the threads, and am seeking additional advice. I sent my ECU in for a flash, at which point I removed my BBS also. Upon re-assembly of all the components, when I turned the ignition on, I noticed the fan come on, and when I push the start button, nothing happens at all. When I scroll through the screens when the ENG screen comes up, ERR is displayed.

I contacted the company which did the flash, and received the following:

It would appear you have lost comms with your CAN system most likely from the BBS removal. The components will have to be re-linked if you will. This is also normal if power was not removed prior to BBS removal. It's not a big deal but you will need a dealer visit to reset the system and clear the several error codes that will be present.

I write in an attempt to see if others have experienced this and how it was solved other than taking it to the dealer, as it is an 8 hour drive to haul my Panigale to the nearest dealer. I am going to call the dealer on Tuesday when they open, but am desperately hopeful there are other options available.....

Thanks for the input!

Old Nov 25th 2018, 08:15 PM   #2

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
ENG screen? Do you mean that you have an "ENGINE" error message on the dash pad? If so, that could suggest a problem with the ECU, or its ability to communicate. Problems with the CAN bus or the BBS usually throw "CAN LINE" or "BBS" error codes respectively. Do you have any diagnostic software (MelcoDiag) available? A look at any stored DTC's would be helpful. Try the old ECU reset routine... disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, reconnect the battery, turn the ignition to the "ON" position for 30 seconds, turn the ignition to the "OFF" position, turn the ignition to the "ON" position and start the engine. Not to ruin Thanksgiving (and I hope this isn't the case for you), but I have read on more than one occasion that after an ECU was fried only the fan would operate.

Last edited by Khmer1199; Nov 25th 2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Correction
Old Nov 26th 2018, 07:41 PM   #3

Thanks Khmer,
I will attempt those steps & report back! I appreciate the info. សូមអរគុណ!
Thanks from Khmer1199

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bbs, ecu, error, flash, removal, starting