Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree31Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 30th 2018, 04:28 PM   #11

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
Simon I canít make it out in your picture, but thereís a rubber molding that goes between the fan and radiator to seal the space between them. Doesnít look like you have it there.

Old Dec 30th 2018, 06:04 PM   #12

Yes the silicone molding is in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Dec 30th 2018, 09:46 PM   #13

does anyone know the difference between the .5 and the .02 speed sensor gasket? I'm building non abs and not sure what version I need. Also having a hard time locating a front muffler hangar.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 02:56 AM   #14

IMG_4859.jpg IMG_4860.jpg
Tentatively installed the cooling system. Iím having issues with both deflectors. They re catching the grooves in the lower triple tree when turning the forks left and right. Any ideas? Still need help with the speed sensors too.

Old Jan 5th 2019, 08:12 AM   #15

I Ride: Alpaca
Originally Posted by simoncbrr1 View Post
Tentatively installed the cooling system. Iím having issues with both deflectors. They re catching the grooves in the lower triple tree when turning the forks left and right. Any ideas?
The deflectors work in conjunction with the plastic lower panel that attaches to the lower triple. If you don't plan on installing the panel to the lower triple, you should be able to disassemble the spring loaded mechanism to remove the deflectors from the rad support.

I completed a scratch build last year--take your time and enjoy the experience!
Old Jan 5th 2019, 08:16 AM   #16

I Ride: Alpaca
does anyone know the difference between the .5 and the .02 speed sensor gasket?
Are you referring to thickness of the shims? The shims will dial-in the spacing of the sensor to the abs ring--the service manual will have the specs.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 02:25 PM   #17

Originally Posted by GunMoto View Post
The deflectors work in conjunction with the plastic lower panel that attaches to the lower triple. If you don't plan on installing the panel to the lower triple, you should be able to disassemble the spring loaded mechanism to remove the deflectors from the rad support.

I completed a scratch build last year--take your time and enjoy the experience!

Thanks, I have that plastic lower. I will install it and that should fix it.

Old Jan 20th 2019, 06:22 PM   #18

Installed the plastic lower and that fixed it. Also installed the exhaust. Japanese spec exhaust isnít pretty.IMG_4903.jpgIMG_4904.jpgIMG_4905.jpg

Old Feb 6th 2019, 03:11 AM   #19

After filling with coolant I got a leak coming from the thermostat housing where the thermostat flange bolts together, and where the hoses connect. I am pretty sure I had these very tight but still a leak. Iíve pulled it off and plan on re-tightening, adding RTV, and swapping the oem clamps for adjustable ones (which will be hard due to the tight space). And ideas or tips?

Old Feb 6th 2019, 11:52 PM   #20

I Ride: 1299S
After filling with coolant I got a leak coming from the thermostat housing where the thermostat flange bolts together, and where the hoses connect. I am pretty sure I had these very tight but still a leak. Iíve pulled it off and plan on re-tightening, adding RTV, and swapping the oem clamps for adjustable ones (which will be hard due to the tight space). And ideas or tips?

I wouldn't recommend using RTV. It's not really an ideal permanent fix. If your thermostat housing is leaking from between it's two halves, then you will have to replace it in it's entireity. If it's leaking from between the housing and the cylinder head, then you will need a new O-ring. The torque figure for the three retention bolts is only 5Nm, so don't over-tighten them as you can easily distort the plastic and you will never get a good seal. Just smear the O ring with a little silicone lubricant before bolting it it into position. Also if you replace the crappy 'Norma' clamps with conventional jubilee clips, make sure you buy ones with rolled edges and a smooth internal band so they don't cut into the rubber hoses and finally do not over-tighten them (2.5Nm max) as you will distort the plastic tubes of the the thermostat housing. Better to have to nip them up if you get a slight weep post re-assembly, than discover you have damaged the housing by being too heavy handed.
Thanks from Twistedracer and simoncbrr1

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, build, panigale, scratch