Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   Panigale 1199 Scratch Build (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/37698-panigale-1199-scratch-build.html)

simoncbrr1 Dec 29th 2018 07:06 PM

Panigale 1199 Scratch Build

4 Attachment(s)
Hello, Iíve decided to post pictures of my progress of my 1199 scratch build. Why build from scratch? Well along time ago when I was a teenager I knew a guy who built motorcycles from scratch and Iíve always found it fascinating. Also Iíve torn down a few bikes and rebuilt them in the past and Iíve always found it fun to do. Before I joined the military I was a service tech at Yamaha/Suzuki/Ducati dealership so working on motorcycles has always been my passion. Iíve been stationed in Japan now for 2 years and my biggest mistake was not bringing my 2013 Panigale 1199S with me (its sitting in storage). About a year ago I decided to undertake this project as a way to get back on 2 wheels. Iím also posting this thread as a way to hopefully get quick answers for some of the issues I run into, or if anyone wants to send free parts my way! One of the biggest issues I run into is finding hardware (nuts/bolts/washers) that I need. Unfortunately when I pick up used parts they donít come with all the hardware and I usually end up ordering from Ducati Omaha the hardware I need. I am close to having a rolling chassis. Some parts are US spec and some are Japanese spec so that the bike can pass JCI (Japanese Inspection). Here is the progress of the engine/frame/swing arm mounting.

Zundapp Dec 29th 2018 10:45 PM

Next post

Curious for your next post

topolino Dec 30th 2018 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simoncbrr1 (Post 326791)
Hello, Iíve decided to post pictures of my progress of my 1199 scratch build. Why build from scratch? Well along time ago when I was a teenager I knew a guy who built motorcycles from scratch and Iíve always found it fascinating. Also Iíve torn down a few bikes and rebuilt them in the past and Iíve always found it fun to do. Before I joined the military I was a service tech at Yamaha/Suzuki/Ducati dealership so working on motorcycles has always been my passion. Iíve been stationed in Japan now for 2 years and my biggest mistake was not bringing my 2013 Panigale 1199S with me (its sitting in storage). About a year ago I decided to undertake this project as a way to get back on 2 wheels. Iím also posting this thread as a way to hopefully get quick answers for some of the issues I run into, or if anyone wants to send free parts my way! One of the biggest issues I run into is finding hardware (nuts/bolts/washers) that I need. Unfortunately when I pick up used parts they donít come with all the hardware and I usually end up ordering from Ducati Omaha the hardware I need. I am close to having a rolling chassis. Some parts are US spec and some are Japanese spec so that the bike can pass JCI (Japanese Inspection). Here is the progress of the engine/frame/swing arm mounting.

Looks like your having fun. Good luck with the build. I know how much work is involved in this, so you've got your work cut out!

JHTmcrider Dec 30th 2018 05:59 AM

Keep up the good work! Lot's of fun this can be!

simoncbrr1 Dec 30th 2018 06:35 AM

I keep trying to upload more photos but cannot due to size. Any advice?

Twistedracer Dec 30th 2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simoncbrr1 (Post 326798)
I keep trying to upload more photos but cannot due to size. Any advice?

I use tapatalk to upload the photos.

simoncbrr1 Dec 30th 2018 02:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25479Attachment 25480Attachment 25481Attachment 25482

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simoncbrr1 Dec 30th 2018 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25483Attachment 25484

Cooling system assembled

simoncbrr1 Dec 30th 2018 02:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25485Attachment 25486Attachment 25487

I also designed, and 3D printed a cap for the gps hole. Skip need in carbon fiber.

simoncbrr1 Dec 30th 2018 02:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 25488Attachment 25489

Installed