Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 25th 2019, 03:49 AM   #11

Originally Posted by pani1199 View Post
I thought i would finally give an update for my first experience with the 1199 with now a few good rides, last one being 4 hours mix city and highway

Overall, getting those few rides in (still not trusting the roads but little more each time) Im in love with it.
each ride i get off with a huge smile, and each time i twist that throttle i am laughing in my helmet that much power is addictive
The rideability, I actually can't get over how smooth this thing is compared to my old honda. even though its less forgiving then the honda if you give her the wrong instruction the almost perfect throttle is just to easy to get used to with in traffic and slow speed maneuvers.

my only main strike against it is the heat with anything under 70kph and in slow traffic almost burning my legs and it even shutoff at a light. I don't know when it was done last but ill do a rad flush to see if it helps. but i know its the nature of the beast and i might have to just change where and how i used to ride to compensate.
and my last ride my right signal and up scroll button stopped working while riding. I don't know if the recall was done ill have to call but we did get a lot of rain recently so there was a lot of moisture it got better by the end of the ride after shutting it off and letting it cool down a couple times. But on the highway home it was happy as could be, so i think ill be doing more highway in the future.

to summarize, cause I'm sore as hell right now lol it may be less comfortable make way more heat making city riding unbearable under 3000k and more likely ill get a speeding ticket. LOVE the thing no regrets every time i open my garage door and see that work of art it brings a smile to my face.

thanks for all the responses and welcoming me into the community!
I just picked up my 1199 Pani about a month ago. You're not kidding on the heat from under the seat. At first I actually thought the damn thing was on fire there's that much heat. I can live with it for now but on 85+ degree days, she's going to be a bear I'm sure.

Old Apr 25th 2019, 05:06 AM   #12
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
Originally Posted by cmh210 View Post
Glad to hear your loving the new bike! It's a hell of a rush and you can't beat the sound they make.
especially once the exhaust has been modded by me
Thanks from cmh210
Old Apr 25th 2019, 10:15 AM   #13

I Ride: '12 1199S, '06 SC1000
Awesome!! Congratulations on your new bike! I just got mine in November and have done a lot of research on the first mods people recommend.

I've read that throttle spacers are a must and installing a DP comfort seat is well worth it too. The heat is part of the shared experience we all have, but if it really bothers you, I've read that you can install carbon sub frame covers and install under seat heat shielding that can help.

I installed some Pro Grips with bar end mirrors/block offs to clean up the front end.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 02:14 PM   #14

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
especially once the exhaust has been modded by me
youve got me curious, how are you modding the stock exhaust?
Old Apr 25th 2019, 02:18 PM   #15

Originally Posted by CWP76 View Post
I just picked up my 1199 Pani about a month ago. You're not kidding on the heat from under the seat. At first I actually thought the damn thing was on fire there's that much heat. I can live with it for now but on 85+ degree days, she's going to be a bear I'm sure.
it will be interesting when the weather gets that hot. a few times in slower traffic i could have sworn i smelled burning denim. lol
Ill try a couple small things, im not fooling myself it will never run as cool as my old honda but i just want it to run as good as it can and be the most enjoyable.

and cheers on being another 1199 owner
Old Apr 25th 2019, 02:24 PM   #16

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by alexkoch1 View Post
Awesome!! Congratulations on your new bike! I just got mine in November and have done a lot of research on the first mods people recommend.

I've read that throttle spacers are a must and installing a DP comfort seat is well worth it too. The heat is part of the shared experience we all have, but if it really bothers you, I've read that you can install carbon sub frame covers and install under seat heat shielding that can help.

I installed some Pro Grips with bar end mirrors/block offs to clean up the front end.
Thanks and congrats to yourself
ive seen a lot of people are swearing by those spacers its not a huge priority but its on the list
well so far the heat was bad but not terrible more making sure the bike runs as good as it looks, but i like the idea of that seat and those carbon covers. Ill look into those for sure thanks

no plans on mirror block offs just yet but that might change. I basically haven't done much to mine yet cause i was lucky enough to find one completely stock, but fender eliminator is on order
Old Apr 26th 2019, 04:40 AM   #17

Originally Posted by pani1199 View Post
it will be interesting when the weather gets that hot. a few times in slower traffic i could have sworn i smelled burning denim. lol
Ill try a couple small things, im not fooling myself it will never run as cool as my old honda but i just want it to run as good as it can and be the most enjoyable.

and cheers on being another 1199 owner
I'm not too unfamiliar with the heat aspect as prior to my last 2 Ducati's, I rode an RC51 for 8 years and those pigs kick out major heat from the radiators that are on either side of the bike right by your knees. I have the carbon cover over my exhaust pipe but I'm wondering if I wrap some sort of reflective tape on the inside of it and maybe under the seat to help the situation. I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about it.
Thanks from pani1199

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, ducati, panigale