Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5th 2019, 11:18 PM   #11

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Out of what you mentioned id rule out the 2nd all together...

Now where in japan are you?
Are you even able to use the bike for spirited rides where you are?

You do NOT want to use any of those bikes in heavy traffic,you'll get over it fast i assure you.

My friend was just in japan and he couldnt believe he didnt see not one japanese sports car or super car but saw the most s classes,astons etc he's ever seen lol
I live in central Tokyo. And you are correct, - not many cool cars or bikes around here. The plan is to get out of Tokyo and ride and then you will see both the super cars and bikes. People are in general tired of stopping for traffic lights every 50m in downtown, but lots of room for fun as soon as you get a bit out of city

Old May 6th 2019, 10:47 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Seismic View Post
I live in central Tokyo. And you are correct, - not many cool cars or bikes around here. The plan is to get out of Tokyo and ride and then you will see both the super cars and bikes. People are in general tired of stopping for traffic lights every 50m in downtown, but lots of room for fun as soon as you get a bit out of city

Oh you screwed up, watch me drain your life about japanese car auctions now lol

As long as you get out of the city to enjoy the bike, you should be good with the type of bike you're after, as long as it doesnt take you too long to leave the city/traffic....
Thanks from Seismic
Old May 7th 2019, 04:33 AM   #13

Oh you screwed up, watch me drain your life about japanese car auctions now lol

As long as you get out of the city to enjoy the bike, you should be good with the type of bike you're after, as long as it doesnt take you too long to leave the city/traffic....
Enlighten me on Japanese car auctions....what am I missing?
Old May 7th 2019, 05:46 AM   #14

@Seismic
IMHO, none of the sportbikes listed are good street bikes. Those are much too big. You'll never use the gearbox. I agree with some of the other posts. However, If you're stuck on Ducati and sportbikes, I'd suggest a 959 Panigale (with a 14T front sprocket) or a Supersport.
Old May 7th 2019, 08:00 PM   #15

Out of what you mentioned id rule out the 2nd all together...

Now where in japan are you?
Are you even able to use the bike for spirited rides where you are?

You do NOT want to use any of those bikes in heavy traffic,you'll get over it fast i assure you.

My friend was just in japan and he couldnt believe he didnt see not one japanese sports car or super car but saw the most s classes,astons etc he's ever seen lol
I work out of Japan (Yokohama, can see Daikoku Futo PA from our office ) It took me a while to find some people who were in car/bike. And even then with the public transport very little drive unless it going away to holiday location.

Riding a Pani (or any other Superbike) in Tokyo would not be fun!
But there are heaps of small tracks and clubs around.

Finding a good Ducati dealership in Japan is the next thing....
Old May 7th 2019, 11:10 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Seismic View Post
Enlighten me on Japanese car auctions....what am I missing?

Bargains, cool cars and hilarious kei cars.

660cc turbo cars that rev to nearly 10000rpm standard that weigh 700kg.

Not to mention high quality jdm parts for all these rides!

Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
I work out of Japan (Yokohama, can see Daikoku Futo PA from our office ) It took me a while to find some people who were in car/bike. And even then with the public transport very little drive unless it going away to holiday location.

Riding a Pani (or any other Superbike) in Tokyo would not be fun!
But there are heaps of small tracks and clubs around.

Finding a good Ducati dealership in Japan is the next thing....
Lol no way, one of the best parking lots there is. You're living the dream.

Any cool older japanese car dealerships near you?
i look at goo. net all the time !!!
Old May 8th 2019, 03:54 PM   #17

Bargains, cool cars and hilarious kei cars.

660cc turbo cars that rev to nearly 10000rpm standard that weigh 700kg.

Not to mention high quality jdm parts for all these rides!

Lol no way, one of the best parking lots there is. You're living the dream.

Any cool older japanese car dealerships near you?
i look at goo. net all the time !!!
I dont live in Japan, I just come over to the head office for a few months before I go to site for work. we in the Queens Tower mall so pretty nice area to be.

Diakoku PA is nuts any day of the week. bosozoku bikes, batman vans, crazy trucks, whats crazy everywhere else in the world is normal in japan.

goo net is good, but I find the likes of UpGarage or Yahoo auctions japan good as well.
No deaelership around here that have anything of interest. Theres a Super Autobacs and the famous Rocket Bunny Cafe/Workshop nearby.

Ive done a few trips to a couple of workshops (PRS, Top Secret, SIMMS). I was talking to some of the Speedhunters crew (couple of ex NZ/Aus people) about taging alot on one of their shoots but dates never lined up.

Tokyo Auto salon is another story in its self........
Old May 8th 2019, 09:49 PM   #18

Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
I dont live in Japan, I just come over to the head office for a few months before I go to site for work. we in the Queens Tower mall so pretty nice area to be.

Diakoku PA is nuts any day of the week. bosozoku bikes, batman vans, crazy trucks, whats crazy everywhere else in the world is normal in japan.

goo net is good, but I find the likes of UpGarage or Yahoo auctions japan good as well.
No deaelership around here that have anything of interest. Theres a Super Autobacs and the famous Rocket Bunny Cafe/Workshop nearby.

Ive done a few trips to a couple of workshops (PRS, Top Secret, SIMMS). I was talking to some of the Speedhunters crew (couple of ex NZ/Aus people) about taging alot on one of their shoots but dates never lined up.

Tokyo Auto salon is another story in its self........
That's still pretty awesome!

I cant really navigate yahoo auctions well, havent tried upgarage but i will now!

Rocket bunny def make some cool kits, i dontmind their stuff at all.

Which shop have you visited that you like the most?
Would of loved to visit top secret.
Old May 11th 2019, 09:48 PM   #19

Iíll have my 2014 1199S with full Arko up for sale in December. Asking for 18k. Check out my build thread, lots of new parts. Iím in Iwakuni Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bike, choosing, road, super