Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By DStyleNZL
  • 2 Post By endodoc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 1st 2019, 04:42 PM   #1

I Ride: 2012 1199S
DucaBike On/Off Throttle Assy

Anyone have experience installing the DucaBike "On/Off Switch Assembly with Integrated Throttle Housing" on a Panigale? Specifically, I'm seeing I have to disassemble the oem ride by wire unit and fit it in the DB housing. The oem unit has a three-pronged head screw that I've never seen before- where do I get a bit for the screw? And can I get the potentiometer apart safely or what do i need to know about that? Please advise!

Old Jun 1st 2019, 05:33 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Eshber View Post
Anyone have experience installing the DucaBike "On/Off Switch Assembly with Integrated Throttle Housing" on a Panigale? Specifically, I'm seeing I have to disassemble the oem ride by wire unit and fit it in the DB housing. The oem unit has a three-pronged head screw that I've never seen before- where do I get a bit for the screw? And can I get the potentiometer apart safely or what do i need to know about that? Please advise!
The driver bit you can get inside and security bit set from pretty much any major hardware/homedepot/auto shop
Thanks from Eshber
Old Jun 1st 2019, 07:11 PM   #3

I had an early version of this from JetPrime. I believe the Ducabike and the JetPrime are the same units. The unit was a poor fit for the electronic throttle assembly. It required a bit of massaging with the Dremel to fit correctly where there wasn't any interference between the aluminum housing and the rotation of the internal assembly. I eventually took it off as the stock plastic unit was smaller and less intrusive and I needed a 3 button right-hand switch assembly. For me, the unit was a bit on the big and clunky side. I have one in a box for the V4 if anyone wants it.
Thanks from Twistedracer and Eshber

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
assy, ducabike, on or off, throttle