Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 1 Post By DStyleNZL
  • 2 Post By endodoc
  • 2 Post By Eshber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 1st 2019, 04:42 PM   #1

I Ride: 2012 1199S
DucaBike On/Off Throttle Assy

Anyone have experience installing the DucaBike "On/Off Switch Assembly with Integrated Throttle Housing" on a Panigale? Specifically, I'm seeing I have to disassemble the oem ride by wire unit and fit it in the DB housing. The oem unit has a three-pronged head screw that I've never seen before- where do I get a bit for the screw? And can I get the potentiometer apart safely or what do i need to know about that? Please advise!

Old Jun 1st 2019, 05:33 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Eshber View Post
Anyone have experience installing the DucaBike "On/Off Switch Assembly with Integrated Throttle Housing" on a Panigale? Specifically, I'm seeing I have to disassemble the oem ride by wire unit and fit it in the DB housing. The oem unit has a three-pronged head screw that I've never seen before- where do I get a bit for the screw? And can I get the potentiometer apart safely or what do i need to know about that? Please advise!
The driver bit you can get inside and security bit set from pretty much any major hardware/homedepot/auto shop
Thanks from Eshber
Old Jun 1st 2019, 07:11 PM   #3

I had an early version of this from JetPrime. I believe the Ducabike and the JetPrime are the same units. The unit was a poor fit for the electronic throttle assembly. It required a bit of massaging with the Dremel to fit correctly where there wasn't any interference between the aluminum housing and the rotation of the internal assembly. I eventually took it off as the stock plastic unit was smaller and less intrusive and I needed a 3 button right-hand switch assembly. For me, the unit was a bit on the big and clunky side. I have one in a box for the V4 if anyone wants it.
Thanks from Twistedracer and Eshber
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 09:47 AM   #4

I Ride: 2012 1199S
I got the unit installed with no problems at all. The driver is called a Triple Wing, not too hard to find, but at Home Depot it's only available as part of a Klein kit. On Amazon single drivers are $5. The electronics fit perfectly inside the DucaBike unit (no dremel, no nuthin'), the wires route well, and it goes on without any drilling of the bar. I'm very pleased and recommend the unit.
Thanks from bradp51 and shigeru
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 04:50 PM   #5

I Ride: 2017 Suzuki GSXR-1000 : 2019 Ducati V4R
Originally Posted by Eshber View Post
I got the unit installed with no problems at all. The driver is called a Triple Wing, not too hard to find, but at Home Depot it's only available as part of a Klein kit. On Amazon single drivers are $5. The electronics fit perfectly inside the DucaBike unit (no dremel, no nuthin'), the wires route well, and it goes on without any drilling of the bar. I'm very pleased and recommend the unit.
I have the same experience. Install was easy and fitment spot on.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
assy, ducabike, on or off, throttle