Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 14th 2019, 11:59 PM   #11

Tuneboy is a cookie cutter tune file (a good improvement but really should be adjusted with on a dyno). The 02 sensors are turned off ( one you disconnect to use the QS)
The narrow band O2 is only used to set the low end fueling ie: the jumpy putt putt around town stuff as a narrow band works better on this. The Tuneboy wide band and even the module is a re branded Innovate unit.
The Auto tune is not easy if you dont have a dyno to use (it auto accelerates and the like to do the tuning, which you cant do on the road safely.
The adjustable throttle maps are good as well as been able to switch between 3x different tune files with just doing a little sequence with the throttle/clutch lever.
The Launch Control/rev limit is not to bad but takes a good afternoon on the laptop adjust settings to get it to your liking

The Downshift needs alot of work to get right in the BlipH and BlipL tables (i gave up after a while)

After sales support is hit or miss.....well pretty much miss. If you get a reply to your email you are the 1%

I gave up and went Rapidbike with up/down shift.
I reflashed just to have the cruise control only from Tuneboy.

TL;DR
Tuneboy is a great little package if you have a agent who is good as using the tuneboy system and can set it up on a dyno before you pick it up.

If you DIY, you on your own........and good luck! you will need it
Thanks from able duc

Last edited by DStyleNZL; Jul 15th 2019 at 12:01 AM.

Old Jul 15th 2019, 03:10 AM   #12

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S
I have Tuneboy on mine with the supplied standard engine maps. Woolich wasn't available when I bought Tuneboy. I bought Tuneboy for the cruise control, to fix the rough idle, turn on the radiator fan earlier and fix the engine cutout while coasting to a stop. Tuneboy has fixed all that.
You have to be computer savy to use Tuneboy.
Old Jul 16th 2019, 11:40 AM   #13

All great info, I was honestly leaning towards TuneBoy because of hype, I have been tuning bikes for quite some time but it sounds to me like the Woolich setup is more refined and higher quality overall as it is with the rest of the Japanese bikes I have done on them. I just wasn't sure because TuneBoy popped up and I assumed that the Duc riders were talking about it because TuneBoy had focused more attention on the brand. I guess that is not the case....Woolich it is. Thanks all.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1198r, my16, panigale, tuneboy, woolich