Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 13th 2019, 07:08 AM   #1

MY16 Panigale R (1198R) Woolich or Tuneboy

Fellow Duc owners, I need the pound for pound actual user experience with these two on this platform. This is what I have gathered:

Tuneboy: Can do all that Woolich can do all while using the Narrowband O2s

Woolich: Can't clear interval maintenance light. Seems more expensive with online software that you will be dropped from if you don't login...

Please if you have a moment let me know what you all have experienced. Thank you.

Old Jul 13th 2019, 01:52 PM   #2

I've been doing a bit of research on these diy tuning systems and from what I can gather they are all pretty much chocolate or vanilla in terms of picking one. Unless you really need some of the features offered in the individual packages you may be better off to pay for a dyno tune from someone who has the right software tools and the bike specific experience.
Old Jul 13th 2019, 04:15 PM   #3

I have extensively been running the Woolrich on my current custom 16R and with the live image mapping you don't need a dyno but you need have the log box package installed go ride the bike logging a map. Now you need to be able to sit down on the laptop for hours playing with numbers till you got it. I have half dozen different maps I continue to play with and have a couple that are working well. I never messed with Tuneboy so with doing diag stuff I been using the Melco Diag and it works just fine but really all it's good for is clearing codes.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jul 13th 2019, 07:34 PM   #4

Looks like Mick1976 is the "go to guy" on tuning with Woolich, interesting information. I am fairly new to the Woolich platform so this is helpful. So Mick looks like you have been able to figure out how to log ride sessions and autotune to build yourself a map database without using the Zeitronics Wide band O2 sensors. It would be very helpful if you could share with the rest of us how you are doing that. Also the auto tune automatically populates logged changes based on target ratios that are set by the user. You then simply apply the last set of logged changes and write another map iteration. Are you saying that you are laboriously manually populating block clusters? What are you using for the data to populate those blocks because if you are manually populating blocks then you have to have a build map. Maybe you could post some of your data. I guess I need to call Woolich on Monday and ask them why they told me I needed the Zeitronics kit to autotune. If you cannot auto tune, you need a dyno so you are logging and tuning without wide bands or a Dyno. That's outstanding. Hopefully you can share how this works. Also I am sure its just a typo but the company is "Woolich" not Woolrich. Looking forward to that data.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jul 13th 2019, 09:32 PM   #5

And yep, right again. With the wideband items, it will map the bike for you. It will actually map each cylinder independent of one another to ensure the bike is running perfect as you're mapping each cylinder to the specific AFR as opposed to mapping the general average of both to a specific AFR which could potentially have a rich cylinder mask up one running lean or vice versa. But yeah, basically ride it on the weekend, hit up a track day or whereever you ride, do your riding and then import the log file into the software, the software corrects it and then you send the new updated map to the ECU and rinse wash repeat. It works rather well especially on the Ducati as you are 100% certain you have both cylinder running optimally.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 03:03 AM   #6

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
While Woolich may be great, they lost me when I heard they deactivate your account if don't flash your bike every 3 months (maybe this changed?)

I've never messed with tuneboy, but I'm unaware of any auto tuner that can adjust the throttle in the 0-30% range with narrowbands. Different frequencies.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 06:16 AM   #7

Thanks Mick for the write up. Iím still a little confused on how your making your maps. You donít have a dyno and you are not running the wideband O2s so how are you able to get the data needed from your bike to build a map. Also can you post what your reference targets were some of the changes that you have made? Thanks.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 06:35 AM   #8

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
In for all the Woolich info.
Tuneboy isnít supported in my area. My Tuner supports Woolich but Iíd definitely like to learn more. I know the DP Akra upmap on my 16R is pretty damned rich. The top end was stronger with the stock silencers and mapping.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 07:03 AM   #9

Hey Twisted. Iím at Laguna Seca but when I get home I will send you all the map data (A/F, ignition, ETV etc we have built so far so you can see what has been changed. Shoot me a PM with your email. Maybe Mick will share his build data as well so we can compare. I do have the complete Woolich setup.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jul 14th 2019, 07:56 AM   #10

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Hey Twisted. Iím at Laguna Seca but when I get home I will send you all the map data (A/F, ignition, ETV etc we have built so far so you can see what has been changed. Shoot me a PM with your email. Maybe Mick will share his build data as well so we can compare. I do have the complete Woolich setup.
Thanks Ed. Made MotoGP this year but not at Laguna.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1198r, my16, panigale, tuneboy, woolich