Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 11th 2019, 10:21 AM   #1

O2 Sensors - Bare Connector Caps?

All,

Can't seem to find an answer on this. I installed a full Termi system with Tuneboy and I decided I'm removing the Lambda sensors and replacing with bung screws but I also want to cap the electrical connections to avoid for any potential electrical gremlins and corrosion. There still is voltage running to those points. I only need to bare cap one of them actually because the other I have the Tuneboy Quick Shifter plugged into.

Ducati has a bare cap item # for this purpose on the 1098 and 1198 bikes. That's part # 96753305B. Would it work for the 1199? What's the best solution here to handle? I'm not finding anything for the 1199.

Last and worse case scenario is I just cut the four wires close to connector end on one of the O2 sensors and insulate the wires with heat shrink tubing and call it a day. I was however wanting to prevent ruining the sensor in the event I needed to go back to it for use at any point.

Thanks in advance for input.

Old Sep 11th 2019, 06:23 PM   #2
Phl

I Ride: Monster S4RS, CRF450, CRF50, GROM
i should have a couple old sensors with wires. if you want i can send you the connectors and you fill them with silicone to cap them off
Old Sep 11th 2019, 07:24 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Phl View Post
i should have a couple old sensors with wires. if you want i can send you the connectors and you fill them with silicone to cap them off
PHL - that's very generous of you to offer. If not too much of an inconvenience I will surely take you up on that. I just need one. I'll PayPal you for shipping and give you a few bucks for the O2 sensor. Please do keep some length of wire from the connector as that wire is already weatherproofed when terminated into the plug. I'm just going to finish off the wire ends with heat shrink tubing and add some electrical tape to secure well.

I will PM you my info. If you can ship it out tomorrow that would be awesome as I am getting near the point of install for the full Termi system. I had to replace the motor due to an unfortunate event.

Thanks.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bare, caps, connector, sensors