Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By alliskr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 13th 2019, 11:40 AM   #1

I Ride: 1199S Tri
Rear end collision: Bent swingarm?

Long story short, does anyone know of a surefire method for determining if a swingarm is bent from the result of a rear end impact? Without going into too much detail, the bike does not have a straight wheel/good tire on it at the time.

Anyone with experience with these bikes in these types of impacts? How'd the bike fare? How strong are these single sided swingarms?

Thanks in advance

Old Sep 13th 2019, 02:16 PM   #2

Originally Posted by tyguidry View Post
Long story short, does anyone know of a surefire method for determining if a swingarm is bent from the result of a rear end impact? Without going into too much detail, the bike does not have a straight wheel/good tire on it at the time.

Anyone with experience with these bikes in these types of impacts? How'd the bike fare? How strong are these single sided swingarms?

Thanks in advance

I suspect you’re more likely to have damaged the swinging arm pivot shaft as they’re designed to “give” before damaging the engine mounts. I was rear ended on my 1299 but the insurance replaced the whole rear end regardless, luckily...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curently riding
2012 Aprilia RS125 - simple fun
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S - serious fun
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S - fun fun

Kent
Thanks from tyguidry
Old Sep 15th 2019, 01:03 PM   #3

Originally Posted by tyguidry View Post

Thanks in advance
P.M. you

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bent, collision, end, rear, swingarm