Old Apr 14th 2013, 05:57 AM   #81

I Ride: Ducati 1199 / Diavel Carbon
Stand

Originally Posted by kensteele View Post
what stand is that?
It is a pit bull

Old Apr 14th 2013, 06:16 AM   #82

Originally Posted by kope999R View Post
stripped in 1:15 minutes and this is where we stand at the end of day one..
just amazing, Kope.....good for you (and the bike).
Thanks from kope999R
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:09 AM   #83

I Ride: Panigale 1199 R, CBR 954 RR
engine protection/sliders

Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post
The Engine sliders are made by SATO Racing

https://satoracing.com/1199panigale_enginesliders.htm

http://ducati1199.com/mechanical-tec...e-sliders.html

I believe they are really good quality and very sturdy. I bought the standard without the suspension support bracket. I think it would make a difference if you did choose the one with the suspension support I will probably add the suspension support in the future. Another member here order it. It mounts to the engine and clutch assembly on the right side. On the left it mounts to the suspension and the engine. I was skeptical at first but when you mount it you can see why the engineers mount that way. I highly recommend it.
Gentleman, the Sato engine/clutch and generator/stator sliders are en route. But I'm not sure the engine/suspension slider combo will best protect all of the clutch case. SO...question?

Do you think adding the GB racing clutch cover to the mix would add to the protection OR be complete overkill?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 07:29 PM   #84

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
Originally Posted by rocdoc View Post
Gentleman, the Sato engine/clutch and generator/stator sliders are en route. But I'm not sure the engine/suspension slider combo will best protect all of the clutch case. SO...question?

Do you think adding the GB racing clutch cover to the mix would add to the protection OR be complete overkill?
I have the DP carbon Clutch and Generator/Stator cover I don't think its over kill. But I personally think the Sato engine sliders would protect it.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 08:03 PM   #85

Lightbulb Fender eliminator

I know it sounds crazy, but has anyone tried converting the whale-tale license plate "fender" to a short nub? You know, chopping off 3 feet of it, leaving a couple inches. (Of course, you'd already have the Light-Integrated Tail system by Tbot--which I'll name the "L.I.T. system" by TRC.)

Seems like the standard CW fender eliminator sits too close to the tail, like someone machined out a bracket and screwed it into the tail--oops, just gave away a trade secret--while they were waiting for the finished product.

No offense, cuz the standard CE FE looks way better than the stock elephant snout, but seems like there must be a way to maintain the unbelievably artistic lines of the bike.

Funny thing is, the 1199 elephant snout looks better than just about any other stock fender.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 08:12 PM   #86

Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post
I have the DP carbon Clutch and Generator/Stator cover I don't think its over kill. But I personally think the Sato engine sliders would protect it.
IMpact wise, they aren't going to do much. I've crashed with CF covers and still managed to crack my clutch cover, GB unless you want to replace the original with Woodcraft etc.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 08:38 PM   #87

Question clutch case damage with Sato engine slider?

Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
IMpact wise, they aren't going to do much. I've crashed with CF covers and still managed to crack my clutch cover, GB unless you want to replace the original with Woodcraft etc.
Re: clutch case cover in engine slider with DP CF cover VS. engine slider with GB racing clutch cover or Woodcraft, I agree with you, Trans, that the CF has a little skidding protection but very little for impact proctection.

I'm just wondering if the engine slider negates the need for the GB or Woodcraft protection. I guess it all depends on how the bike lies when down on the left side. It either touches or it doesn't (assuming the tail section is a non-factor, since that might be smashed to smithereens).

Anybody seen the bike down on it's side to see whether it actually touches, or better yet, on its side with the Sato slider on? (Unfortunately, AntiHero saw it on its left side, but not with Sato slider on.)
Old Apr 15th 2013, 08:54 PM   #88

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
I agree
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:33 AM   #89

group consensus on engine sliders

Quote:
[QUOTE/] Originally Posted by AntiHero
I've got experience with the left side down TWICE! I honestly can't figure out how there was so little damage when the bike is dropped (the second time the clip on bent, which caused other bad things). If you drop your bike slow enough it only ends up on the bar end. I can't figure out what else touches down. It's very strange.

If you have the Sato sliders, you shouldn't need any case covers, IMHO
[/QUOTE]

So what's the GROUP CONSENSUS?

-Left side down, fast or slow, Sato slider is enough, with no need for stator cover?

-Right side down, Sato (with suspension) slider plus
a) DP CF 1/2 clutch cover
b) GB full clutch cover
c) Woodcraft clutch case/cover

Thanks for the input, AntiHero and CaliDuc. Anyone else feel strongly about the options? Anybody else experienced that options in a slide?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:15 AM   #90
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
just the GB's. captures the impact with larger surface (lends to break less) and then transmits it to larger surface / structure, equals less stress on the surrounding parts.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
modified, panigale, thread

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.