Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 18th 2012, 04:26 PM   #1

Brake Master cylinder

Curious if anyone knows if you will be able to replace the brake master cylinder on the new Panigale with ABS. The brembo RCS can be used in ABS equipped bikes.

Old Apr 1st 2012, 07:41 AM   #2

master cylinder replacement.

I dont think you will have any trouble 1098r man replacing the cylinder. If anything like a car the master cylinder just delivers the fluid to the brakes via the ABS unit. The ABS is operated by sensors at the wheels to pick up any problems then it opens valves internally to relieve pressure at the wheels, so stopping a lock up. The master cylinder is totally unaware of any of that and from what i"ve seen in the pictures the master cylinder looks pretty much the same as on the 1198 so nothing special or weird. Double check though with your dealers Panigale technician,I know my dealer sent one of their mechanics on a 4 day factory course to get familiar with the tech and how to service it. I"m guessing all dealers will be obliged to do this. He will have the answer. BTW i"ve ordered the Brembo HPK rear caliper to replace the boring old style one that also adorns the 1198,1098 and Desmo,just a bling thing you understand LOL.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
brake, cylinder, master

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed