Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree16Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th 2013, 07:35 PM   #81
Stw

Originally Posted by CaliDuc View Post
Rizoma Mirrors fitted they go well with the Rizoma Next Fluid Tanks and Graffi Indicators.
Sweet... Love those mirrors...

Old May 11th 2013, 07:25 AM   #82

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
As much as I really appreciated the design of the Rizoma L Mirrors, the mirrors themselves are not functionally very good (i.e. poor visibility).
Thanks from ScrapperX
Old May 18th 2013, 07:43 PM   #83

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
As much as I really appreciated the design of the Rizoma L Mirrors, the mirrors themselves are not functionally very good (i.e. poor visibility).
Cali - poor from the standpoint that the stalk is too short or poor due to vibration or some other design shortcoming?

Thanks!
Old May 18th 2013, 08:34 PM   #84

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
Poor visibility in terms of a smaller mirror surface - only. Rizoma put a lot of effort into the design of the mirrors.

Improvements are:

- The mirrors have an adjustable swing arm that allows you to adjust the arc of the mirror, which lets face it other then the stock design (where you have lay on the tank to see out the mirrors) is a huge improvement.

- The integrated amber LED (approximate length of the Rizoma Graffi Indicators) is bright and elegant.

- No vibration on the mirror, however a spot of locktite is needed to make sure that vibration doe not loosen the stalk bolt.

- The mirrors do not come with compatible connectors, just the wires. The Rizoma indicator connectors are not compatible. For installation, I cut the mirror wire between the connectors and the external mirror housing, best to have crimpes and solder on hand. For a tidy install, the wires can be run into an existing small hole near the mirror mount point, while the connectors are moved into the dash housing. The stock mirrors have the connectors in the actual housing (which is not the case with the Rizoma mirrors). For a tidy job, you will need to strip the front cowl down. Alternatively, you can keep the mirror wire connectors exposed for quick removal/install.

As I have Rizoma Graffi indicators and NEXT tanks the mirrors match.
Old May 19th 2013, 08:11 PM   #85

I Ride: a bat from hell.....
+1 FESA, beautiful......to my eyes
Old Sep 24th 2015, 12:21 PM   #86
AG6

Are you saying they are worse than stock or just in general. The stock mirrors are not that great and vibrate like crazy.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 11:07 PM   #87

Do the Rizoma Veloce L's offer any better rear view visibility over the stock mirrors?

Can you now see what's behind you, as opposed to your shoulders & elbows?

Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2018, 04:49 AM   #88

I Ride: 16 1199R
You probably wont see much of a difference at least I didn't but the Veloce mirrors are much nicer, mount up way easier and have more adjustment.

Originally Posted by DrSpencer View Post
Do the Rizoma Veloce L's offer any better rear view visibility over the stock mirrors?

Can you now see what's behind you, as opposed to your shoulders & elbows?

Thanks

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
installed, mirrors, rizoma, veloce

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.