Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 25th 2012, 02:46 PM   #1

I Ride: 1199, '05 R1.
Angry Terrible Termis.....Aaargh..!!

Hi guys. Newbie here, thought i'd say hello. Been lurking around the forum waiting for my Pan to arrive and now it's here I thought i'd show my face!
Hopefully my first post won't be too inflammatory but thought i'd let you all know what happened recently.
I took my Pan to a recent Silverstone track day, a 105db day.

Got turned away for testing at 107 with my db killers in the cans!!!.....

Ok, so is it just me or do others feel the same about the Termis?
Firstly the Termignoni cans are, in my opinion, bulbous and ugly and to be honest the standard exhausts look far better.
Secondly why on earth did Termignoni not design the cans to fit with the exhaust servo valve so you can at least have the option to keep it connected for problem uk track days?

I for 1 will be selling my Termis and will wait for Austinracing, Akrapovich, Arrow etc to show their wares, I'm confident the AR system at least will look, sound and perform better and keep the valve option. I saw their stuff on show at last years NEC bike show and it looks very nicely put together. i know the others will make something good too but being Uk made makes me patriotic..!
I was pissed at not getting on track to test out my new bike but I can go again another day.

How have you guys got on with Termi's elsewhere?

Anyway's looking forward to hearing your opinions and how you're all getting on with the best looking bike in the world..!

Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:47 PM   #2

we don't have noise restrictions at racing tracks here - seems ridiculous to me. personally, I'm glad the termis are loud...
But our tracks are usually located far out in the country away from any population.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:28 PM   #3

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199 S...
Talking

Yeah, trackdays here in the MidWest US, I've never come into a trackday situation that you'd ever be concerned about noise levels...

Sorry to hear so. I love the sound of a Ducati. It's a real treat to the ears when we watch AMA Superbike racing at Elkhart Lake (Road America) and a deep bassy twin seperates the sounds of those Japanese inline 4's.

For me, I want to give a kid on the street walking along a sound he'll remember until he's old enough to ride a bike...etched in his memory.

Beanflicker, it's not that you're set of Termi's wasn't good enough for the trackday, BY GOD, that trackday/racetrack wasn't good enough for the Panigale with those Termis!!!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:03 AM   #4

I Ride: ducati 1199s tricolore, 1098r, 1200 multi pikes peak
You could have kept the standard pipework on and fitted the end can.

The Termi pipework and welds are vastly improved from previous bike.

On my 1098r I have fitted Termi, Akro and now have the Arrow 72 mm, the termi was the quietest.

The only problem with fitting a titanium aftermarket system is ti runs hotter and if the fairings get burn marks warranty will be void.

Still surprised it was that loud though!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:31 AM   #5

That loud with just the slip-on cans on!

The thing is that i agree the 1199 sounds fantastic and we all want loud at times but we also need to be able to control it when required with db killers that work and the valve option if you want it. Start them off loud and proud and have the options available.
Yes i agree the standard set up looks far better than the termis.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:56 AM   #6

I Ride: Panigale 1199
I'd wait for Akrapovic. They are always my first choice before considering other brands..
Old Apr 26th 2012, 01:33 AM   #7

Apologies for the dumb question but!

I thought that because the termi's are affiliated with, approved and supplied by Duc, then if something goes cough, bang, pop - your covered under warranty?

If you have any other aftermarket system on, will this still apply? I assume not - anyone know?
Old Apr 26th 2012, 02:48 AM   #8

I Ride: 1199 base with ABS
So the 107db ?? was that with the full system or just the termi end cans??
Old Apr 26th 2012, 05:32 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
Hi guys. Newbie here, thought i'd say hello. Been lurking around the forum waiting for my Pan to arrive and now it's here I thought i'd show my face!
Hopefully my first post won't be too inflammatory but thought i'd let you all know what happened recently.
I took my Pan to a recent Silverstone track day, a 105db day.

Got turned away for testing at 107 with my db killers in the cans!!!.....

Ok, so is it just me or do others feel the same about the Termis?
Firstly the Termignoni cans are, in my opinion, bulbous and ugly and to be honest the standard exhausts look far better.
Secondly why on earth did Termignoni not design the cans to fit with the exhaust servo valve so you can at least have the option to keep it connected for problem uk track days?

I for 1 will be selling my Termis and will wait for Austinracing, Akrapovich, Arrow etc to show their wares, I'm confident the AR system at least will look, sound and perform better and keep the valve option. I saw their stuff on show at last years NEC bike show and it looks very nicely put together. i know the others will make something good too but being Uk made makes me patriotic..!
I was pissed at not getting on track to test out my new bike but I can go again another day.

How have you guys got on with Termi's elsewhere?

Anyway's looking forward to hearing your opinions and how you're all getting on with the best looking bike in the world..!
that's awesome...being turned away because your bike is too loud. Next thing they'll turn you away because your too fast and wear too much fluro.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 05:57 AM   #10

I'll buy them off you when my Pan arrives next week!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
termisaaargh, terrible

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed