Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 25th 2012, 08:47 PM   #1

I Ride: the road
Lightbulb Panigale Owners Facts, Tips & Tricks

Thought it would useful to build a list of interesting facts, owner tips and undocumented features. I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

Everything is currently an undocumented feature for me, as I still don't have an English Owners Guide, however, I do have an interesting fact...

The Tricolore actually wears 2 different shades of white. The majority is flat-white, while the inner section of the nose number board, also the side-panel top vents are painted in metallic/pearl white.

I'll provide a pic soon, as its not visible in press shots. As for EICMA pics, lets just say that most of us where fixated on something else

Old Apr 25th 2012, 08:51 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Xbox View Post
Thought it would useful to build a list of interesting facts, owner tips and undocumented features. I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

Everything is currently an undocumented feature for me, as I still don't have an English Owners Guide, however, I do have an interesting fact...

The Tricolore actually wears 2 different shades of white. The majority is flat-white, while the inner section of the nose number board, also the side-panel top vents are painted in metallic/pearl white.

I'll provide a pic soon, as its not visible in press shots. As for EICMA pics, lets just say that most of us where fixated on something else
Do you mean flat white as in no gloss or solid white as in glossy but no metallic? (that's how the 1098 tricolore was)
Old Apr 25th 2012, 09:36 PM   #3

Have they retained the feature where the lights stay on for a while (30 seconds each press) if you hit the mode (down) button and then pull the key out?

I use that a fair bit.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 02:27 AM   #4

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post
Do you mean flat white as in no gloss or solid white as in glossy but no metallic? (that's how the 1098 tricolore was)
Yup, solid gloss white with pearl metallic white detail.

Don't know why I said flat
Old Apr 26th 2012, 05:11 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Xbox View Post
Yup, solid gloss white with pearl metallic white detail.

Don't know why I said flat
right, that's how the 1098 tricolore was, with two whites. A lot of people thought it was weird - I liked it.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
facts, owners, panigale, tips, tricks

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed