Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th 2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Retired

owners, any surging issues under 4k rpm?

Hi all,

Wondering about this. Has anyone taken delivery of 1199 with STOCK exhaust, any issues with stumbling, surging in the 3500-4k rpm range?

My early build streetfighter with the euro 3 tuning is awful. I've also heard of some of the mts 1200s having this issue.

Can anyone that has had their bike speak up on this point?

Thanks!
Chris

Old May 21st 2012, 04:08 AM   #2

My stock 1199s had a bad flat spot in the mid 4000 rpm range. Has to do with the exhaust valve. Only happened on a steady throttle. Spoke to my dealer about it and they mentioned Ducati knows about it and is going to release a reflash to solve the problem. I had termi slip ons installed last Friday so the re-flash that came with those solved the issue anyway.
Old May 21st 2012, 04:42 AM   #3

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S Tricolore and an 848
Haven't noticed any issue with mine. Currently still have the stock exhaust fitted untill I reach first service or 2500 km , not decided yet when to change to termis. No point untill I can use full rpm range.
Old May 21st 2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Retired

That's the same spiel we got from ducati on the streetfighter, a new ecu reflash was issued a month or so later with no significant change, that said, it's seems to be very random as some sf were fine with no problems, mine's bad, others not so bad. Yep exhaust valve, a closed loop system with euro 3 tuning and lambda sensor are the culprits.

Originally Posted by castle1911 View Post
My stock 1199s had a bad flat spot in the mid 4000 rpm range. Has to do with the exhaust valve. Only happened on a steady throttle. Spoke to my dealer about it and they mentioned Ducati knows about it and is going to release a reflash to solve the problem. I had termi slip ons installed last Friday so the re-flash that came with those solved the issue anyway.
Holding out hope mine will be flat spot/surge free.
Chris

Originally Posted by Delta One View Post
Haven't noticed any issue with mine. Currently still have the stock exhaust fitted untill I reach first service or 2500 km , not decided yet when to change to termis. No point untill I can use full rpm range.
Old May 21st 2012, 11:56 AM   #5

I Ride: Daytona 675 SE + 1199S ABS
My S does this at 3500 rpm in 2nd gear at 30 mph. My dealer told me I was imagining it because their diagnostic equipment showed nothing wrong. Basically they suggested that i needed to except that twins are a bit lumpy at low rpm. Going to stick the action cam on the bike and record it doing it happening. When it happens the throttle won't respond. It's not a big issue, I can live with it, just a shame they won't take it seriously. Interesting to hear the termi map seems to fix it.

How different is the termi exhaust to the stock exhaust. I wonder how much of the gain comes from the remap (and dumping the Euro nonsense) and how much comes from the endcan? Could the stock exhaust run the termi map or is it too far off?

Last edited by PaddockStand; May 21st 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 21st 2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Retired

doesn't the termi get rid of the O2 sensor? Since strictly speaking it's not legal for road use, so doesn't have to meet euro 3.

That's the problem as the bikes are set way too lean so they can pass euro 3 emissions.

Chris
Originally Posted by PaddockStand View Post
My S does this at 3500 rpm in 2nd gear at 30 mph. My dealer told me I was imagining it because their diagnostic equipment showed nothing wrong. Basically they suggested that i needed to except that twins are a bit lumpy at low rpm. Going to stick the action cam on the bike and record it doing it happening. When it happens the throttle won't respond. It's not a big issue, I can live with it, just a shame they won't take it seriously. Interesting to hear the termi map seems to fix it.

How different is the termi exhaust to the stock exhaust. I wonder how much of the gain comes from the remap (and dumping the Euro nonsense) and how much comes from the endcan? Could the stock exhaust run the termi map or is it too far off?
Old May 21st 2012, 02:27 PM   #7

No Surging that I can detect. I had plenty on my Multi and installed a set of FatDucs. Changing to full Termi system I will let you know if that has any issues.
Old May 23rd 2012, 04:17 PM   #8

I Ride: 1199, S1000RR, CVO streetglide
Racing EVO upon power up on dash

I just took delivery of an 1199S with termi and it has a pretty obvious flat spot in the below 4,000 rpm range. I had the service tech take it for a ride and he agreed. we are in the process of of reflashing the ECU since the dash does not say "Racing EVO" upon power up.

Does anyone have the full termi system and notice when you turn on the key, it steps through a screen shot that says" Racing EVO"? Thanks all.
Old May 24th 2012, 05:23 PM   #9

I Ride: 1199, S1000RR, CVO streetglide
Just updated the ecu with the Termi flash stick -- all problem with hesitation below 4,000are gone.

If you have a Termi full system installed, when you turn your ignition on the dash should say "Racing EVO" for just a second or two. If it does not, you likely dont have the needed map for a full system.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
issues, owners, rpm, surging

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.