Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th 2012, 07:18 AM   #1

My bike is lost!!!!

Had email from dealer yesterday saying bike should be in today and he gave me the VIN. However, I've just received this email from him. Really starting to get frustrating now having waited over three months from deposit date.

"I wanted to give you an update on the status of your motorcycle. UPS shows that the freight arrived in the New Orleans warehouse on Wednesday night, however they cannot find the crate. I am working with UPS to get this resolved, but this issue will probably delay tomorrows delivery."

Old May 25th 2012, 08:18 AM   #2

I Ride: Current: 12 1199 Base ABS, 09 Ape RS125 07 CRF250R SM, 08 CRF100 x2, 10 SH150i, 04 NSR50
Can't exactly blame the dealer. I understand the frustration, but assuming true, we are all at the mercy of the the freight company.

Chris
Old May 25th 2012, 08:33 AM   #3

3 months wait is nothing - I'm at 7 months and counting. Fear not, they'll find your crate, and it will be glorious.
Old May 25th 2012, 11:40 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Gulf Coast View Post
Had email from dealer yesterday saying bike should be in today and he gave me the VIN. However, I've just received this email from him. Really starting to get frustrating now having waited over three months from deposit date.

"I wanted to give you an update on the status of your motorcycle. UPS shows that the freight arrived in the New Orleans warehouse on Wednesday night, however they cannot find the crate. I am working with UPS to get this resolved, but this issue will probably delay tomorrows delivery."
I got you beat: Bike showed up on Monday, but the MSO has still not arrived at the dealer. It may be showing up today with the latest FedEx delivery, but if it doesn't. . . I'll probably have to wait until next week.

I'm ready to cancel the 1199 and get the RC8R off the showroom floor.
Old May 25th 2012, 12:13 PM   #5

I Ride: 2006 s2r monster , tricolore :)
That is very frustrating, I bet it's right under their nose and will find it soon, kinda like when you "lose" or sun shades and they were on your head the whole time...haha
Old May 25th 2012, 12:16 PM   #6

Btw foxtrot don't act on emotions, that's what women do! You' ll regret it afterwards!! Remember the best things in life are hard to get too... When you get there makes it that much sweeter and you get a story to go with it...
Old May 25th 2012, 12:21 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Tricolor3SF View Post
Btw foxtrot don't act on emotions, that's what women do! You' ll regret it afterwards!! Remember the best things in life are hard to get too... When you get there makes it that much sweeter and you get a story to go with it...
Dude, I acted on emotions when I bought the bike. Don't try to make me think logically now because if I did I might not buy a bike at all!!!!!!
Old May 25th 2012, 12:30 PM   #8

Haha, wow yea, I get ya there is a bit of emotion but it's of passion evoking your logical senses mama mia whattabike....gotta have it!!!
Old May 25th 2012, 12:33 PM   #9

Originally Posted by CHarles foxtrot View Post
I got you beat: Bike showed up on Monday, but the MSO has still not arrived at the dealer. It may be showing up today with the latest FedEx delivery, but if it doesn't. . . I'll probably have to wait until next week.

I hope you get it sorted. I know the frustration - so near yet so far!!
Anyway they've found the crates. If you can believe it UPS managed to lose three of them. There would have been a war in NOLA if they hadn't found them!!
Old May 25th 2012, 12:54 PM   #10

Originally Posted by CHarles foxtrot View Post

Omg, I'm in the same boat as you plus they don't even have the acid pack for the battery. On top of that I called an hour ago and the parts guy is "too busy" to open any boxes or envelopes to check on my sheet!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bike, lost