Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 4th 2012, 01:32 AM   #11

I Ride: Daytona 675 SE + 1199S ABS
Originally Posted by big rocky View Post
this was before the service was on the way y
to get it done
Rocky, you've not had a puncture or any other reason to remove the rear wheel have you? If not, what was your dealers response to this, other than tightening it up and putting a cable tie on the clip. Did they check the axle, threads, wheel? Are they planning to report this to Ducati? If the clip is bent or not working correctly have them replace it. As others said, if they just just torqued up the nut and put a cable tie round it, go back and insist they check it properly. Better still take it to another Ducati dealer and get them to check it.

Anyone know if rear wheel nut torque is a pre delivery check item? If not then the factory isn't torqing them correctly! On top of this it sounds like the safety clip didn't work to well either. That's not good at all. Given that there hasn't been any other reports of this I'm going to assume its an isolated incident and just check the torque on mine for peace of mind.

Old Jun 4th 2012, 02:49 PM   #12

no wheel removal from my side just rode 600 miles they took the wheel off so i think all was checked out and the bike rode fine on the way home
Old Jun 5th 2012, 03:22 PM   #13

I Ride: GSXR750 K7, 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by big rocky View Post
hi all had the service done yesterday along with the change from flat to progressive much better as most people indicate, however one to watch on riding to the dealers bike felt weird stopped and upon checking rear wheel nut it was loose, the circlip had come out of the mounting hole and was basically nearly off the bike, limped it to dealer as was only hand tight and the tech changed the ciclip and cable tied the two loops on clip together, check ya bikes chaps and i advise to get he ties out !

cheers
rocky
You should make a practice of checking out for things like low oil, tire pressure, brake pressure, lights working, look for big loose bolts and such BEFORE you go out on that ride. You, and the bike, will live longer.

It is interesting how the Ducati owner's manual has about 10 pages of warning at the very front of it. Funny how a number of those warnings say to do just this very thing as well.

If you do take just a few minutes and go over the bike before each ride and do a weekly check of things you'll probably find the nut most likely to come off the bike is one connecting the seat to clip-ons.

Best of luck with your new Pani.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 09:32 PM   #14

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by efna View Post
if you do take just a few minutes and go over the bike before each ride and do a weekly check of things you'll probably find the nut most likely to come off the bike is one connecting the seat to clip-ons.
lol !!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 03:57 AM   #15

If you do take just a few minutes and go over the bike before each ride and do a weekly check of things you'll probably find the nut most likely to come off the bike is one connecting the seat to clip-ons.

Eh !

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
loose, nut, rear, service, wheel