Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 4th 2012, 07:36 AM   #31

I did my demo ride on the 1199 on a hot day with some traffic, the bike hit 210 degrees a couple times sitting at long red lights. No issues with heat, I could feel it was there (not as much as the 1198) but it didnt heat me up or burn as I was wearing my alpinestars full one piece leather suit. I will pretty much always wear this on the 1199 anyway, as all I will use this bike for is canyon carving and maybe a track day or two, no commuting or cruising for this baby. The bicycle shorts idea will work as far as comfort is concerned, but I doubt it would do much for the heat issue.

Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:26 AM   #32

Originally Posted by PaddockStand View Post
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I've taken the padding out of my standard seat and set DES to rock-hard. Man up, its a sports bike not an armchair. As for padded panties
I agree with PaddockStand so I replaced the seat with a slab of granite and decided to ride in a euro-skivvy-thong. F* the Sachs rear unit (it broke down at the 196 mile point anyway), i made mine a rigid.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 03:02 PM   #33

Funny. This is exactly what I did. I started wearing padded bicycle shorts. It helps with the heat and the comfort quite a bit.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 03:56 PM   #34

I Ride: Panigale
You took my idea and stole it. Did you really come up with it or did you read it on the other forum. Not sure where I posted it
Old Sep 7th 2012, 07:26 PM   #35

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Panigale S
I wear cycling shorts as well, they work wonders on the panigale. In addition I wear long johns from"heat-out" and they really keep the heat out, where both make the ride more comfortable, heat from panigale is gone, and makes the overall ride more enjoyable.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 05:07 AM   #36

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
Race seat or comfort seat, both are good. Swapped to the former this weekend rode over 400km and no PITA. Really impressed with the Race seat. I did like the Comfort seat too but reckon there is less wrist pressure from Race seat which is surprising. So Race seat all the way (I know I'm not the first to say so! )
Old Sep 10th 2012, 07:18 AM   #37

I Ride: 1299,1199, 10'CBR1000RR, Metropolitan Scooter (yup)
came back from an 13 hrs ride on sat, with the new comfort seat, no pain or soreness!!! this seat is worth every pennies!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 05:01 PM   #38
Banned

Originally Posted by SOULRIDER View Post
Great idea!

I'll also say if anyone wanted comfortable they should have bought a Goldwing, and not the most bad-arse sportbike Ducati has to deliver.

Next there will be a complaint about there not being a cup holder.
Why the f*ck isn't there one on my Pani???? Where will I put my friggin latte?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 05:06 PM   #39
Banned

Originally Posted by PaddockStand View Post
Hey, panties just gave me a great idea for you guys....

Back in the day (bear with me here) the military used to issue us with shirts made of industrial grade scotchbrite which played havoc with your nipples after you'd "walked" in them for just a few hours. The pain was unbearable, but the solution was to apply a sticking plaster to each nipple.

This gave me an idea, if your suffer so badly from the pain of the pani's saddle there's a readily available, sticky backed, ladies product that could help you out. Apply one to each buttock to achive the same effect.

Two tips though, don't let her catch you borrowing them and I wouldn't tell the lads you have them on either
Can I use the tape trick the end of my junk if it rubs too much?? (havoc with nipples...great title for my next home movie )
Old Jan 6th 2018, 09:21 PM   #40

Talking Take Heed ...

You got problems with your junk being rubbed the wrong way ???
The post with the most ... regarding cycling shorts is the answer
having been an Avid Cyclist for most of my 68 yrs ,I found out long ago how much little things FUCK UP our performance ... try cycling 100km to your brothers house for the wkend and see if and when you go back to work... you ain't just a little happy that you bought those new shorts .

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
comfortable, make, ride, tip