Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree88Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24th 2015, 08:08 PM   #71

I Ride: 2015 Pani R, VFR, XR650R Supermoto
I "upgraded" to some street tires. Keeping the OEM setup for track use.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-20150524_194017.jpg   2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-20150524_194036.jpg   2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-20150524_194053.jpg  
Thanks from Mutt1979

Old Jun 10th 2015, 06:25 AM   #72

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-9.jpg

2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-11.jpg

2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-6.jpg

2015 Ducati Panigale R Pictures-img_2882.jpg
Thanks from Litening1199 and Steveo
Old Jun 27th 2015, 03:02 AM   #73

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
Exactly so why waste time, money and weight adding LED lights when they wont be used.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by 2fasst View Post
What about for those who have dedicated track bikes and WON'T be using the R for the track?
...then those people shouldn't be looking to buy the R (is basically what Ducati is saying, and I agree).

There has never been a more senseless waste of money, or a bike with more overkill for the street than the Panigale R. Nothing on it was designed/intended for the street. It is a special model built soley for homologation purposes to fit under the rules structure of many organizations.

Ducati knew exactly what they were doing when they didn't include LED lights.

Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
It is built to be a track bike first
This.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jun 27th 2015, 06:33 AM   #74

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Exactly.

...then those people shouldn't be looking to buy the R (is basically what Ducati is saying, and I agree).

There has never been a more senseless waste of money, or a bike with more overkill for the street than the Panigale R. Nothing on it was designed/intended for the street. It is a special model built soley for homologation purposes to fit under the rules structure of many organizations.

This.

R bikes...and Ducati.."Like It, Love It, Want More of It...".....who says they aren't for street riding...cannot agree with that comment....no way !
Old Jun 27th 2015, 09:36 AM   #75

I Ride: 15 Pani R ( I weep a little sometimes )
Anyone go Silverstar Sylvania bulbs on the H11 bulbs that the Pani R uses?
Old Jun 27th 2015, 10:20 AM   #76

I Ride: '16 Pani R, 1098R Bayliss, KTM1090R.
Exactly.

This.
Utter bollocks.
It has lights and a street legal exhaust. Mine is on track one day and commuting to work the next. It is simply a motorcycle and price is completely irrelevant.
My 1098R has lived the same life too. Dont know why folk get so up tight about how other people decide how to spend their cash/time. Better to ride the damn things than buy them for collections IMHO, but folk who do that are just as entitled, and will enjoy them in their own way too.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:48 AM   #77

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by 990Glen View Post
Utter bollocks.
It has lights and a street legal exhaust. Mine is on track one day and commuting to work the next. It is simply a motorcycle and price is completely irrelevant.
My 1098R has lived the same life too. Dont know why folk get so up tight about how other people decide how to spend their cash/time. Better to ride the damn things than buy them for collections IMHO, but folk who do that are just as entitled, and will enjoy them in their own way too.
I never told anybody what to do with their money. They can do what they want with their money or their bike. I don't give a shit if somebody ponies up $5mil for Rossi's backup bike, duct tapes some lights on it and rides it to Starbucks.

That doesn't change the fact that the 1199R is designed and built as a race bike. It has lights and a street legal exhaust because it HAS TO. Again...they have to produce x-amount (I believe 1000) for the street in order to gain Homologation for WSBK racing. And you can't sell something as a street bike without lights and a street legal exhaust.

So the fact that it has lights and a street legal exhaust doesnt do anything to backup whatever point you are trying to make. Those items are required for the bike to be legal on the street...and they have to sell them as street bikes in order to gain Homologation.

Just because you can ride it on the street, that doesnt mean that is its intended/designed purpose. My ATV has headlights and tailights, I can throw a tag on it and ride it on the street also. Doesn't prove or change anything as far as its intended purpose.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 01:31 PM   #78

I Ride: '16 Pani R, 1098R Bayliss, KTM1090R.
I never told anybody what to do with their money. They can do what they want with their money or their bike.
But thats exactly what you are doing mate.

There has never been a more senseless waste of money, or a bike with more overkill for the street than the Panigale R.
Bikes are what you make em. And if folk enjoy something different and it suits their personal needs, then thats absolutely all that matters. Not everything has to be pigeon holed by suitability, cost or anyother criteria.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 02:16 PM   #79

I Ride: 2015 Pani R, VFR, XR650R Supermoto
There has never been a more senseless waste of money, or a bike with more overkill for the street than the Panigale R.
More senseless waste of money? Please. In 1500 miles I've already felt like it's well worth my money. Even to just stare at it in the garage it's worth more as art than what some people pay money for. I've been at every track day in my area and ride it to work. It's getting more valid use than the thousands of lifted 4x4s rolling around that no one uses for anything than driving to and from work. It isn't any more overkill for the street or less user friendly than any other open class bike on the market. 205hp isn't any practical amount different than 195hp on the street. Not to mention that it's still a whole lot more practical than something like a Desmo (I'd buy one if I could), Superleggera, or RC213V-S.

Originally Posted by 990Glen View Post
Bikes are what you make em. And if folk enjoy something different and it suits their personal needs, then thats absolutely all that matters. Not everything has to be pigeon holed by suitability, cost or anyother criteria.
Yep, I did 6hrs of touring Idaho/Utah back roads on mine last week. It wasn't as comfy as my VFR but it sure it handles better in the good stuff! I even mounted a RAM ball for the trip. Pani R Touring Edition.
Thanks from 990Glen
Old Jun 27th 2015, 10:25 PM   #80

Once again, i don't know how many times it has to be said, the bike was designed and built as a race bike, then made street legal, with a sole purpose of getting Homologation for WSBK racing.

Of course you can do what you want with it. You can put mud tires on it and use it for hunting. That doesnt change anything regarding what the bike was designed for.

But by all means, don't take my word for it. Take it from Ducati, straight from their site...

Born to race, the new Panigale R brings a thrill to the track. 205 hp react instantly to a twist of the throttle thanks to ultralight engine components. Track-optimised geometry and racing suspension ensure responsive racetrack behaviour. Electronics are tuned to deliver maximum performance. A lithium-ion
battery and a titanium Ducati Performance by Akrapovič exhaust will take you and 162 kg of racing technology straight to the chequered flag.
Homologated for use as Ducati's platform in World Superbike, the Panigale R's Superquadro is the closest thing available to a dedicated race engine
The Panigale R has one goal - simply to dominate the track. Every feature is oriented in that direction; no compromises are made. For dedicated enthusiasts who seek the purest experience on track, the Panigale R delivers a shot of racing adrenaline directly to the heart.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, ducati, panigale, pictures