Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree25Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 25th 2015, 04:42 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 510

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
The New Panigale R versus Superleggera

Hi,

I'm trying to work out the difference between the 1299R and the 1199SL, i know the 1299r does not some with some of the fancy components such as the carbon bodywork and mag wheels but ultimately i think they are going to be very close with the 1299R having an almost identical engine but with the whole bike weighing 15lbs more.

Does anyone have any insight.

Cheers

Last edited by reganc; Jan 25th 2015 at 04:58 PM.
reganc is offline  
 
Old Jan 25th 2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Virginia

Posts: 1,761
Thanks: 439

I Ride: 1199R 1199R 1199S
SL frame is 5500
It is not a true SL motor
SL comes with mag wheels
SL comes with carbon fairings and subframe
Titanium all around
The brake master cylinder is different as well


So add just a few of those up you can find a used SL sell what u don't need a a get to a new R price


There is no 1299R it's a 1199R
Thanks from Stw
zohsix01 is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 510

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by zohsix01 View Post
SL frame is 5500
It is not a true SL motor
SL comes with mag wheels
SL comes with carbon fairings and subframe
Titanium all around
The brake master cylinder is different as well


So add just a few of those up you can find a used SL sell what u don't need a a get to a new R price


There is no 1299R it's a 1199R
but the engine on the 14 model 1199r v's the new model will be very different??
reganc is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ljuice26's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Florida

Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 1111

I Ride: 1199
Originally Posted by reganc View Post
but the engine on the 14 model 1199r v's the new model will be very different??
Yes, the 14R and the 2015R will be different. Electronics, weight. and the engine will be different. It does have some components derived from the SL.
Ljuice26 is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 510

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by Ljuice26 View Post
Yes, the 14R and the 2015R will be different. Electronics, weight. and the engine will be different. It does have some components derived from the SL.
I'm trying to work out if i should buy an SL or the New R or just keep my existing bike (13 1199R)
reganc is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ljuice26's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Florida

Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 1111

I Ride: 1199
If you have the money, this shouldnt be a question.
Thanks from Brad, mark419ny, BigBoost and 2 others
Ljuice26 is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 510

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by Ljuice26 View Post
If you have the money, this shouldnt be a question.
Bike is a track bike so no need for the SL bodywork or the numbered triple clamp, the difference in $$ is not small
reganc is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
b9009b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Philadelphia

Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1153

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Originally Posted by reganc View Post
I'm trying to work out if i should buy an SL or the New R or just keep my existing bike (13 1199R)
Whether a street or track bike the SL is the obvious choice. Everything thats on the PaniR and more. You will spend that much buying the 15r and upgrading it anyways.

EDIT: Unless your a seriously almost pro rider you wont outride the SL. Ill take the body work and numbered clamp from it lol
Thanks from Ljuice26, BigBoost and chouse34
b9009b is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,744
Thanks: 2349

Originally Posted by reganc View Post
I'm trying to work out if i should buy an SL or the New R or just keep my existing bike (13 1199R)
Keep your 13 and bring it up to current spec .
Thanks from zaster and mark419ny
wilkson is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 05:55 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,243
Thanks: 510

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
Whether a street or track bike the SL is the obvious choice. Everything thats on the PaniR and more. You will spend that much buying the 15r and upgrading it anyways.

EDIT: Unless your a seriously almost pro rider you wont outride the SL. Ill take the body work and numbered clamp from it lol
Ha I won't outride either bike but that does not stop me lusting after them.

I'm trying to work out how close the new model is to the SL to make an educated buying decision and if it's a big improvement from the current model
reganc is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1199sl, 1299r, leggera, panigale, super, superleggera, versus



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati 899 versus 1199 R - Road Test Thamer Ducati 1199 60 Jul 10th 2014 02:19 PM
Aprilia RSV4R Factory versus 1199 Stw Ducati 1199 584 Mar 18th 2014 06:04 AM
Ducati Superleggera versus Desmosedici duc Ducati Superleggera 61 Jan 31st 2014 11:53 AM
899 Seat Height versus 1199 Xbox Ducati 899 2 Oct 31st 2013 03:45 AM
Carbon versus Magnesium Wheels Gunny Fitz Motorcycle Talk 17 Jun 28th 2012 12:33 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed