Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 31st 2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Plymouth

Posts: 27
Thanks: 12

2015 R slip ons

Hi all, does anyone know what the difference is between the stock R ti exhaust and the DP slip-on as reading through a few posts I'm struggling to see what the gain is.
I'm also wondering if there's been any 15 R reviews about as it seems to be a bit dark on that front.
Mines arriving hopefully next week and I need a fix to tide me over :-)
Thanks
timk is offline  
 
Old Mar 31st 2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
The Avidmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Central Jersey

Posts: 788
Thanks: 366

I Ride: Anything with 2 wheels!
The homologated Akrapovic mostly titanium system is lighter than the oem Panigale system. I am not sure about power. There aren't any reviews on the 15R yet. I check daily!
The Avidmoto is online now  
Old Mar 31st 2015, 05:05 PM   #3
Banned
 
White13Pani's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: New Jersey Shore

Posts: 1,708
Thanks: 497

Not to thread jack but you're in Plymouth Mass??

And your 2015 R is coming next week!?!?

If that's the case mine can't be too far behind!

Can't wait to ride it! I'm getting LASIK Thursday so once I'm all healed up I'll be ready to ride!
White13Pani is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2015, 09:54 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Plymouth

Posts: 27
Thanks: 12

Originally Posted by The Avidmoto View Post
The homologated Akrapovic mostly titanium system is lighter than the oem Panigale system. I am not sure about power. There aren't any reviews on the 15R yet. I check daily!
Sorry, I meant the differences between the Panigale R homologated Akrapovic that comes standard on the R and the Akrapovic slip on you can buy for the R that replaces the standard R's end cans.
timk is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2015, 09:56 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Plymouth

Posts: 27
Thanks: 12

Originally Posted by White13Pani View Post
Not to thread jack but you're in Plymouth Mass??

And your 2015 R is coming next week!?!?

If that's the case mine can't be too far behind!

Can't wait to ride it! I'm getting LASIK Thursday so once I'm all healed up I'll be ready to ride!
Sorry to get your hopes up I'm in the UK :-)
timk is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2015, 01:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Germany

Posts: 169
Thanks: 58

I Ride: 1098 + 1299S
Originally Posted by timk View Post
Sorry, I meant the differences between the Panigale R homologated Akrapovic that comes standard on the R and the Akrapovic slip on you can buy for the R that replaces the standard R's end cans.
The main difference is the Akra cans have no catalysers and an absobtion noise reducing principle istead of reflection principle. So less interference in the exhaust and a longer overall pipe routing which improves mid range torque and peak power.

In addition, the up-map will disable the (theoretical) flapper valve actuation and will activate a specific engine mapping.

Last edited by jogy; Apr 1st 2015 at 02:27 PM.
jogy is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2015, 02:44 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Plymouth

Posts: 27
Thanks: 12

Originally Posted by jogy View Post
The main difference is the Akra cans have no catalysers and an absobtion noise reducing principle istead of reflection principle. So less interference in the exhaust and a longer overall pipe routing which improves mid range torque and peak power.

In addition, the up-map will disable the (theoretical) flapper valve actuation and will activate a specific engine mapping.
Aah cool thanks, now to decide if that justifies it for me :-)
timk is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, ons, slip



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Panigale R WAfatboy Ducati 1299 6 Nov 30th 2014 10:12 PM
Which 2015 SBK do you plan to buy? b9009b Ducati 1199 70 Nov 21st 2014 06:47 PM
2015 panigale R mtick Ducati 1199 31 Aug 15th 2014 02:08 AM
2015 Realprop Motorcycle Talk 43 May 17th 2014 08:08 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed